“Nice surprise”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #11 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Didn't expect a room as nice as I got at this hotel. Pleasantly surprised. Great location, nice staff, and good free breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,591)

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Each year my husband and I stop in Savannah on our drive from FL to NC. This year we finally decided to stay a day or two. We chose Holiday Inn Express based on its great location and the overall look of the hotel. I am so happy that we were able to get a room this year. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very courteous (especially Olga). Each member of the staff from housekeeping to the breakfast staff were smiling and greeted us with a smile and "hello". They have a full breakfast each morning and a nice rooftop pool. We will defnitely be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The location of this Holiday Inn Express is great, and it was nicer than I expected for an Express. The rooms are nice, but I was a little grossed out that a wash clothe from the previous visitor was left hanging on the shower curtain. Overall, it's a lovely hotel. It was pricier than I expected for a Monday night ($170 with tax), but I guess that's to be expected in a tourist town in that location. The breakfast was nice with a variety of choices. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I know people had bad things to say becuase the pool was closed. They had a leak, something beyond their control. The staff was wonderful. They were all very friendly. The hotel was clean and the rooms were nice. I didn't expect the beds to be so comfortable. I would rate them up there with a Marriott. The bar was nice and Becky, the bartender was awesome. She made sure everyone was introduced as they came in so it let you make friends and conversation easy. She was very knowledgable of places to eat and even made calls for us when we were headed there. The breakfast was always very good. It is right in the heart of the historic disctrict. We parked in the gargage across the street and never saw it again until we left. You can walk EVERWHERE! The only complaint would be that we leave early int he morning and come back at 2pm to shower and relax. Our room was never done that early. I guess if we spoke to someone we could've had it done but we didn't, our fault. We will definaltey stay here again. I can not say enough good things about the place. Thank you for a great stay

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This Holiday Express was located at an ideal spot. We were in a central location and were within walking distance to all the sight seeing spots in Savannah’s historical district. The hotel room, service and people were ideal for us. The room was clean, on the new side, roomy. The breakfast was one of the best free hot breakfast we have ever had at any hotel. The internet was easily accessible. The people were very helpful and informative. The front desk provided free water bottles. Our car was parked in the public parking garage next door and was hit while parked there. The hotel was very helpful in getting the police and helping us out with other problems dealing with the issue. Our room did face the road so we had some traffic noise at night. It bothered us some.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago, and had one of the interior rooms with a view of the alley/parking deck. Even back then, we liked the hotel. This time around, we stayed in "the best room that they have", room 818, a corner king room overlooking the river (and the pool of the Hampton Inn next door). Could not beat this room for a view of the river and the fireworks on July 4th. Room was spotless and housekeeping did a great job. The breakfast buffet can get kind of backed up in the morning, so suggest you go down early. Didn't have to interact with the front desk after check-in, so can't comment there. When I tell people that we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, it totally does not convey that this "express" hotel is very, very nice. Will probably continue to stay here in the future. Another reviewer mentioned the pool being out of service. If I was a pool dweller, I would have been pretty upset by this. There was no mention of this when reservations were made a couple weeks prior. The Hampton Inn's pool was offered as an alternative, but I can imagine that would have been a pain.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank atlantalisamarie
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My sisters and I take a trip each year and this was the first time to Savannah. Our room was clean with a view of the river and the continental breakfast is great. The hotel staff is friendly, and professional. Gregory at the front desk was a go to guy for answers to our questions and suggestions on how to make our vacation unforgettable. The hotel is an easy walk to River Street which has great restaurants and shops. The free city shuttle has a stop across the street which we found very easy to use.

Room Tip: Ask for the 6th floor with a river view