Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
1,268 results
All reviewsfront desksavannah midtownhistoric districtnice hotelshort drivebreakfast buffettybee islandsouthern hospitalityriver streethgipublixkeurigabercornhamptonconciergegaaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2013

HILTON SAVANNAH TRIPADVISOR.

First, let me say that I was impressed with the late night desk clerk. He was sympathetic to my issues. He is an outstanding employee.

We made reservations for five nights in Savannah. We booked a king bed suite for the entire stay.

The first night, Thursday night/Friday morning, the air-conditioning unit for the building, which was located under my window, started squealing around 2:30 a.m.. I laid awake for hours until I finally went to the front desk to seek help at 4:30 a.m.. I was told that the occupants of Room 305 had also complained about the noise. I was also told that the engineer would not respond until morning to look at the problem. I was able to sleep only three (3) hours Thursday night/Friday morning.

Friday morning I went to the front desk and was told that the unit would be fixed Friday. I was offered another suite in the same location of the hotel over the same malfunctioning equipment, only thirty feet further away. I said that I would stay in Room 303 because the equipment was going to be fixed.

Friday night/Saturday morning at 2:00 a.m. the air-conditioning unit outside my room again started squealing. Again, I was unable to get a good night's rest. When I went to the desk Saturday morning, I asked to speak to a manager. None was available and no one contacted me throughout the day.

We looked for other accommodations, but all of the local hotels were booked. We also had commitments in Savannah.

Saturday night, at approximately 10:30 p.m. the air-conditioning unit outside my room again started squealing. Again I went to the desk and asked that a manager contact me. Again, no one contacted me. Again, I was unable to get a good night's rest.

Sunday night the noise started at 9:30 p.m. It continued all night. I sent an email to an assistant manager who left her card on display.

Monday morning I looked out the window and made eye contact with the building engineer. The unit was squealing loudly. The building engineer just shrugged his shoulders.

Late Monday I was contacted by the assistant manager. She offered to comp me one night to make up for four nights of little or no sleep. Hilton has signs posted that it has a "satisfaction guarantee or you don't pay policy." They also tout great customer service. Neither is the case at this hotel.

When I returned to my room Monday afternoon I found the clean towels stacked on the toilet, not placed on the rack or towel bars. Subliminal message?

Our last night was calm and quiet. That is what we had expected for the whole trip had action been taken by management.

In reviewing the TripAdvisor negative reviews I found that similar complaints regarding customer service go back to 2008. I should have read the negative reviews first.

Room Tip: Stay away from suites. They are located over the building's air-conditioning. Don't count on management to address problems.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn is a great property. It would be better if they would hire and keep a housekeeping staff that actually worked. I have stayed here numerous times over the last 2 years. I continuously experience the same problems. No housekeeping on the weekend and dirty hallways. The hotel is outstanding Monday thru Thursday. On Friday, the rooms are half cleaned. The hallway floor stays dirty from Thursday night to Monday morning. The sheets on the weekend and duvets are extremely wrinkled and ill fit the beds. The supervising housekeeper, sits in the hallway and guests room but will not respond to your requests or just says ok, and says please go to the front desk and request what you need, but she is right there to assist you. Why should she be visible if she is not going to work - she seems offended. If you are a repeat guest, all they do it pull the duvet back on the bed and give you new towels. And you have to double check the towels to make sure they didn't give you soiled ones. Also, why does housekeeping on some floors take until 4 p.m. to clean the room. Plus it would be great if housekeeping service from Monday to Thursday would be the same on the weekend.

Room Tip: Check in early for the better rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GM_HGI_Midtown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you very much for leaving your comments for our team. Since reading your review we have increased management on the weekends to ensure all our guests are receiving the same level of service you experienced Monday - Thursday. We have also addressed your concerns with our housekeeping department and taken the appropriate steps to make sure they are fixed for future guests.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The staff at the Savannah Hilton Garden Inn went above and beyond to correct a discrepancy in the room. Their overall professionalism and sincere efforts to uphold the Hilton reputation was noteworthy. Sometimes no matter how hard one tries, things may go wrong. I is good to know, however, that Savannah Hilton Garden Inn still values customer satisfaction. Thanks for a job well done.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions for business and/or pleasure. Its lobby has recently been renovated and is just beautiful. The rooms are great, quiet and have all the amenities you would want, now including Keurig coffee makers. We have always included the breakfast option and it is the best we have ever had in any hotel that offered this option. Well worth the money. The staff is friendly, approachable and very helpful. Though it is not located downtown, it is only a 10-15 drive to reach all the wonderful attractions and restaurants that Savannah has to offer. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Savannah.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel is located next to and right across the street from a diverse groups of shops and restaurants. The staff work hard to do all they can to make you happy. Extremely clean property. Good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown. We look forward to hosting you again soon.