“Disappointing”

Ranked #33 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Cobham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were very disappointed with this hotel bearing the name Hilton. The general feel of the hotel did not live up to the cost. There were very few channels available on the television set. We felt that the "stay refreshed" voucher for one bottle of water was slightly demeaning. However the staff were friendly and professional and subsequently the manager was very responsive.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with low odd numbers e.g. 03,04, 05 etc., which are very noisy owing to external generat...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HGI_Midtown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry to hear that you left unsatisfied with your stay. We typically receive rave reviews from our guests and do apologize that you were disappointed. We strive to provide our guests with an excellent stay and hope you will give us another opportunity to showcase our Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown on your next trip to Savannah.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I moved from the Hampton Inn in the Historic District (see that review) to this hotel. When I called to make the move, Jonathan answered my call very professionally, he had to look for a room, took my number and called me within 30 minutes to let me know he had a clean room ready for me. Once I arrive, he informed me of specials in the hotel, such as spending $25 for food or drinks would give me Hilton HHonor points, and all the hotel perks and surrounding restaurants and stores. Very nice welcome.

My room was very clean and had nice lighting. In addition to a large window, the lamps did not have those extremely dim, cheap light bulbs that are so depressing. Refrigerator and microwave are very nice, considering the fantastic stores close by to purchase food and supplies.

The workout room was a little "long in the tooth". The treadmills had buttons missing, and exposed metal you had to push to start, I was a bit afraid I would be electrocuted. The last day I was there neither of the two treadmills were working, but no sign indicating such. Disappointed.

Over the weekend two tailgate parties broke out in the parking lot outside my window, after an hour, I called the front desk and was told that wasn't acceptable and security would check into it. The parties got larger and louder, I called a couple of more times, and the last called was answered by Kimberlee who told me there were two family reunions who had "spread" into the parking lot and asked me if I would I like to check out of the hotel.

So, nice place if you don't want to work out or are unfortunate enough to book during family reunions and when Kimberlee is working the front desk. Also, I am not sure there is 24 hour security, if so, they were asleep on the job.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the pool if you are looking for a quiet room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
GM_HGI_Midtown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad Jonathan was able to assist you and get you into a room at our Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown. We do apologize that our treadmills were in less than desirable condition during your stay. The treadmills have been fixed and are in perfect working order. We were aware of this issue as we were just waiting for the parts to come in to replace the boards. We didn’t remove the treadmills during this time because they still operated normal without issue. We do also apologize for our larger group that was in house and their behavior during your stay. We have already addressed this issue with our staff to ensure future guests do now have a similar experience. Thank you for alerting us of these issues. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Savannah so that we can provide you with an excellent stay.
el paso, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2013

we were nicely surprised will all the accommodations, how clean, nicely decorated, professional staff. Great location, love the breakfast, staff went out of their way for all request. never had to call for room service, all our needs were taken care of before we could ask, all hotels should follow your example, thank you

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Macon, Georgia
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel since it opened, and I am always so pleased with Bruce and his willingness to help! I travel alone (on business) and he has always offered to help me in any way to make my stay better....i.e., luggage, getting ice, helping with a taxi, etc.

It's not easy being away from home, and it's so nice to have someone go out of their way to make things a little easier.

Bruce makes me feel like "family" every time I stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We came to Savannah to visit family. The beach was too far away. The hotel where we usually stay had only one room available and the rate was high. I came upon the Hilton Garden Inn Midtown. It was close to our brother in laws place of business; centrally located to family members. The rates was were great. The room was beautiful and comfortable. The fitness center met my needs. Staff was friendly. It was a nice experience and we hope to come back on our next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Simsbury, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn as it was very close to a nursing home in Savannah where my Aunt Peggy resides. I came specifically to see her, however, during my stay when she was resting, the hotel was able to arrange some sight seeing trips for me. It was a wonderful experience. There are many stores and restaurants in the area of the hotel, and it's a short ride to the Historic District.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Canandaigua
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton with my Girl Scout Troop. We had a very nice suite. The staff gave us water and some complementary snacks. They answered all our questions and stored our luggage in a secure room til ten at night so we didn't have to leave it in the car unattended all day.
The hotel was quiet and the facilities very nice. The bed linens were excellent quality and the room and bathroom very clean. It was only a quick easy drive to the historic district without the high price.
The shopping plaza nearby had several good restaurants and two grocery stores, very convenient.
We couldn't have found a better place to stay in Savannah for our needs.

Room Tip: Suite was very comfortable for our group.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family