“Descent - not much parking!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #39 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed November 2, 2012

It is what i would expect for a hilton. Clean rooms nice staff. Not much parking! Had to walk pretty far from the deck to the front of the hotel. You actually pass another hotel and they share a deck when you walk its a litte far ... didnt try breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Danielle V, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We do share a parking lot and garage with our sister property, The Hampton Inn & Suites. We apologize the parking space was farther than normal. Should you ever need assistance with your luggage, we are always more than happy to help. We hope to see you again in your travels to Savannah.

Best,
Danielle Valenchis

Reviewed November 1, 2012

As a resident of Savannah we had not thought of going to a hotel resturant for breakfast. We had heard the Hilton Garden Inn had a great breakfast bar, and it was! The staff were so courteous and friendly. There was a nice variety of food and the cook to order options were wonderfull.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My daughter, granddaughter and I checked into the Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown for a 3-night visit with granparents/great-grandparents.

Our first impression was of the limited number of parking spaces. This property adjoined (what we learned later) a sister property, but that didn't alieve the shortage of parking.

The room was clean and had all the necessities you would need. A mini fridge and microwave was convenient, especially while travelling with a small child. One drawback to the room was the pillow situation. I've never encounted small square-shaped pillows on the bed, and they just didn't work for any of us in my party.

Our first morning, we all woke up hungry and decided to have breakfast in the dining area downstair - it was about 10 minutes past 10. Although the signage indicated that the breakfast buffet was available until 10:30 AM, we stood waiting to be seated while the hostess and other personnel ignored us. After waiting a good 10 minutes, we left and had breakfast at a nearby popular breakfast chain.

Upon our return to the hotel that evening, the only parking available was at the very end of the building and on the opposite side. Since there in only one entrance, this required quite a walk with a tired and sleepy 5 year old. Thank goodness the weather was cooperative, or it would have been a disaster.

The next morning, my daughter went to find housekeeping personnel to ask for some regular coffee, since we only had decaf in our room. She was directed to the lobby downstairs since the housekeeper "was out of regular". So - off she went to the lobby only to encounter three (3) large coffee carafes that were complimentary for guests. The two (2) carafes marked "regular" were empty, so she asked at the front desk about having them refilled. She was told that there was no regular coffee in the hotel, but if she would like to walk to the adjacent sister property, they had plenty. What??? If it's a sister property, wouldn't it have made sense to have borrowed some, or whatever they had to do to make it convenient for their own guests?

All in all, the hotel was clean and comfortable. Location was central, and easy to get to surrounding attractions.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
GM_HGI_Midtown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of keeping all of our supplies fully stocked. Again, I apologize to you and your family for the inconveniences. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.

Bryan Cornelius

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while on vacation in Savannah. The rooms were comfortable and clean. It is located a little further outside the Historic District than I had wanted, but it is right on the main street so it was still easy to get downtown. There isn't much parking in the hotel's lot but there is a parking ramp nearby that you can park in for free. Great hotel at a great price. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012

We’re glad you found our hotel comfortable and convenient. We love being located on Abercorn Street since it is a straight 3 mile drive to the beautiful Historic District. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return visits.

Best,
Danielle Valenchis

Reviewed October 16, 2012

First off in an effort to be honest, this is an updated review. I picked this hotel because of its central location and it offered free wifi throughout the hotel. I say central because I was going to be going to different parts of the city while here and just about anything in Savannah only 15 minutes away. Check in was easy and I was on my way to the room in a matter of minutes. I did have to go back down because the keycards didn’t work, but it only took a minute to correct. The room was nice and bright with 2 queen sized beds and a flat screen TV. Bathroom was small but nice. The hotel does provide shampoo and a hair dryer which was nice. This saved me a quick trip across the street to Publix. There is a nice little restaurant in the lobby that was very convenient. I was a little hesitant to eat there because it was empty, but It was actually pretty good and reasonable also. After eating I took the very short walk across the lobby to the corner bar and had a beer. Both places had great friendly service. Next morning I had the $9.95 breakfast buffet that was also very good. Great pancakes! I was a little surprised to see a concierge in the lobby. She was very helpful to print out some directions for me. I also took full advantage of the free wifi in the Lobby, restaurant and the bar while I stayed here. I did have a problem the wifi in my room that was not resolved at the time, even after 2 room visits by the hotel engineer. They were resolved after I got back home. I do want to thank the management for calling me to see if we could resolve the issue. Overall it is a nice place to stay if you do not want to be in the Historic district (only a 10 minute drive away). There is a little refrigerator and microwave in the room. Publix( a big supermarket) and Starbucks are right across the other side of Abercorn. Aside from the wifi, the only other issues that I had were with the bed. I do not like small pillows. Also did not sleep well, but I think that is just me not liking to sleep in strange beds.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We chose the King room with whirlpool and it was fantastic! The room was on the first floor which we expected to be noisy. To our surprise it was quiet and convenient to everything. The morning chef made us his special omelet that was delicious. The staff was very helpful. It is a nice drive from the Historic district and easily accessible to Interstate, and Tybee Island. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: 1st Floor not as crowded.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DwainM
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We booked a king room for four nights for our honeymoom and when we called to confirm our reservation the day of, they wanted to raise the price we were quoted the first time because they entered the room for one adult instead of two. We asked to speak to the general manager and the call was transfered but no answer so we left a message. This happened four times in the span of four hours with no returned call. In the meantime, we found another hotel because we were so dissatisfied with the service. We called Hilton back to cancel reservations and the desk clerk informed us that the general manager, Brian, had waived the extra cost but he didnt have the courtesy to call us back himself. We told her we still wanted to cancel because of the horrible service, and she said she would have to charge us the price of one night's stay. We asked to speak to the general manager, we were transferred, to only get his voicemail once again.

• Stayed: October 2012
6  Thank Jalofty

I can completely understand any frustration felt when trying to confirm your reservation and it had been booked for only one adult instead of two and then wanting to talk to me and getting my voicemail. I assure you I do my best to get back in contact with everyone in a timely manor. On that particular day I was out of the office and unable to give you a call back however the guest service agent did contact me for approval of the rate change. I also understand our front desk manager contacted you to ensure everything was taken care of and that you didn't need assistance with anything else. Our apologies for any delay in response and hope you will give us another change next time you are in Savannah.

Bryan Cornelius