“Stay here!”

Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #38 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed February 26, 2012

The staff members at this hotel really understand the meaning of southern hospitality! Bruce, especially, goes out of his way to put a smile on every guest's face!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Parking terrible---- you will have to park in another hotel and then walk to your hotel-----I'm not making this up.

The food is excellent----- but the STAFF ...not all of them NOT SO GOOD. I don't plan to ever come back to this hotel.

They have a satisfaction guarantee but even thats a fraud ....

3  Thank Renee H
Reviewed February 23, 2012

1st visit to this location, however I normally stay in either Hilton or Hilton Garden Inn's. Other than the lack of parking and the "don't care" attitude of the desk staff, the stay was good. I had issues finding an empty parking space both nites there. On the second night after not being able to find a place to park, I asked the lady at the desk where I could park and why would they not have enough spaces fro the guests? She started making excuses about business travellers and maybe they all drover separate cars. I never did understand what that meant. I asked if we could park near the covered entrance in front, where by now cars were stacking up, she said as long as the fire marshall didnt care, neither did she, but if there was a problem with the fire marshall visiting she could call us to move the car..
I walked away from that still shaking my head...
The next morning upon leaving as I dropped off the key cards at the desk, I was looked at by the staff, but as of yet, no one ever said hello, or good morning, or anything. Just not the normal level of customer service I expect from a Hilton property.
Disappointing...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2012

They have a decent breakfast and if you pay an extra $4.00 per night, you get the $10.00 breakfast for free (or $4.00). Not great service, but a nice start to the day.

1  Thank Misty F
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I was recently there for a soccer tournament and can honestly report that the staff and facilities were great. One staff member in particular made me, our kids and the other parents feel right at home. His name is Bruce. Bruce even shared our victory at the tournament by attending and cheering us on. Just awesome! I will definitely stay there next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from stairwell & ice machine. We stayed in the middle rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ackerline s
hgisavmtgm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Thank you for your review. Bruce was thrilled to hear that he was able to leave a lasting impression with you and your family. He mentioned he really enjoyed watching y’all win the tournament. We look forward to your return to our hotel!

Bryan Cornelius

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Words cannot express! Hilton Garden Inn is always on top of their game. The hospitality, comfort, cleanliness, and location all A+. I slept like a charm! Would recommend to those passing through the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Angela S
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I am from Ohio and knew nothing of the area. There was a most wonderful employee working at the hotel who was genuinely helpful. I stayed 3 nights. I was there on business and found that after the 1st night and his helping me finding transportation and combined with his contagious smile, I looked forward to seeing that smile. He made this stay the most enjoyable of all my hotel stays. I don't have his last name, but his name is Bruce. You should recognize this employee as very special and honored to have such.

• Stayed: January 2012