“GREAT Italian food”

Corleone's Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Corleone's Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 884 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Broughton Street
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We went there several evenings ago with 2 other couples for Restaurant Week. First time there for 4 of us. We were blown away. PEI mussels--definitely get the white sauce, it was delicious. Red is probably good, but we didn't try it. All 6 of us raved about the meal. Bread, veal picatta, pasta dish, spicy shrimp, salads, mussels, we loved everything we got and we can't wait to go back. Oh, and desserts....we had cheesecake, creme brûlée and tiramisu (which I don't normally like,) but it was sooo light.
It was a busy evening, but Jared, our waiter was awesome.

1  Thank Georgiagirl52
There are newer reviews for Corleone's Trattoria

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Good Food and good service. We ate here a few days ago for lunch while visiting Savannah. I had the spaghetti and meatball dish. At only seven dollars I was expecting a small portion. It turned out to be huge and I could not finish the dish. The meat sauce was really good and the meatball was truly authentic and homemade. Our server was great and we were greeted by the owner on the way out. He wanted to know how the experience was and thanked us for coming in.
I found that to be refreshing and a good practice that more places should be doing. I would definitely dine here again.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Originally from NJ so I KNOW good Italian food. My husband and I were visiting Savannah from Charleston, SC and stumbled upon Corleone's one morning. I just knew it had to be an awesome Italian restaurant and after reading reviews online, it seemed that way. Then we decided to try it that night and I told the hostess and server that I was expecting great things. Nothing like putting on the pressure. They quickly surpassed my expectations with execellent service, an awesome suggestion for a cocktail, BEST tasting, lick your plate garlic shrimp appetizer (we have good manners so we just asked for more of the wonderful in-house bread and soaked up all the sauce..YUM!!!). The prosciutto wrapped salmon was also to die for along with my husband' s entree pasta with mussels. The service impeccable..food to die for! Met the head chef (cannot rremember his name unfortunately) and he is also from Jersey and was nice enough to give me the "loose" garlic shrimp recipe..meaning without specific amounts. Any good cook knows exact measurements or amounts doesn't make for the best flavor always but we just know when to stop adding a certain ingredient based on flavor. Will go back here when we visit again and will recommend to anyway who goes. Wish they were here in Charleston. .there isn't an Italian restaurant that compares.

2  Thank dolphins66
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I went to this restaurant hoping to have great Italian food. I can't say that I was impressed. The bread was good but not great. I had the Mediterranean mixed grill. It was okay but not great. It was very crowded to the point where you bump into people when you walk. The tables are extremely close so you easily hear all the conversations around you as if you are actually a member of the other parties. The service was not great. I did not see alot of my server. It took a long time to get a refill. The vibe that I got is that this is the type of restaurant that has regulars and probably has more bad days than they should but aren't quite worried about it. My tab ended up being $40 plus. For that kind of money, I would say walk a little further and go to Belford's. Maybe I went on a bad day, but the fquality of the food seemed to be chain restaurant rather than the authentic food they advertise.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had dinner here on a Monday night. Food was wonderful! We began with mussels in white wine - absolutely delicious! The bread served was fresh and great for dipping into the very tasty wine sauce. I had shrimp and scallops with couscous and my friend had mixed grill with beef, lamb and pork. Both entrees were wonderfully presented. The scallops and beef were perfectly cooked. The server, Sabra, was very attentive and efficient. Definitely recommend this restaurant.