“Good sandwiches”

Back In The Day Bakery
Ranked #39 of 909 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We proudly serve our neighborhood handcrafted from-scratch baked goods, breakfast, biscuits, lunch and coffee
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

After several visits it still is good as I remember. The bread is fresh as you would expect any bakery, the sandwiches came out quickly and definitely had a gourmet taste. It's a great neighborhood joint and I'm not sure why a previous reviewer thought it was in a bad neighborhood, this is a very safe place to be in Savannah. Bottom line: a very good place to eat lunch or grab a early morning snack or Brioche.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I walked 2 miles to this place in hopes to find the best bakery in the world. It was good but nothing out of this world. Their drunk brownies and lemon pound cake were very good. The cupcakes were very good but nothing extraordinary. I would go back but wouldn't walk 2 miles to eat there. A cab will cost you $10 from River street to this location.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have been visiting Savannah at Thanksgiving for years but had never made it to Back In The day Bakery. We planned our whole Saturday around going and getting lunch to have a picnic in Forsythe Park. Guess what? They were closed! No sign on the door, not a sign of a person. We called their phone number, thinking that we would be informed that they were closed on that day for some reason, but nothing other but a recording of their hours of operation which said that they were open. Thought the neighborhood was a little scary looking, too.

2  Thank Vickie S
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Made this one of our stops since she is one of the places that Paula Deen talks about. Had to try her sticky bun and it was wonderful! My girlfriend bought me her book and Cheryl Day was there and signed it for me!! I talked to her husband too, what a nice couple.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Fresh baked sweets and rolls. Always fresh and tasty. A little hard to find but ask locals. SOme sandwiches and other items available