“Breakfast with the locals”

Goose Feathers an Express Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #37 of 909 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: French, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The inviting aroma of sweet and savory menu items, wholesome cuisine and freshly baked breads and pastries prepared on-site daily keep visitors coming back to Goose Feathers Café day after day. Proudly serving the Savannah area since 1986, this bustling,but cozy café fuses the dining ambiance found in Lower Manhattan's urban Greenwich Village with Southern Charm and Hospitality. Love breakfast? Goose Feathers Café serves hot and cold breakfast items throughout the day. Pair your selection with a cup of freshly ground roasted coffee or choose from one of our many flavored organic teas served piping hot or ice cold for a perfect start or end to your day! Savor go-to breakfast favorites like our warm bagels, handmade sweet preserve-filled and chocolate-stuffed butter croissants, and hearty portions of homemade oatmeal with fresh fruit, Eggs Benedict Savannah style served on our made from scratch butter croissants and our signature Breakfast Panini. For lunch, enjoy the soup of the day or our seasonal(April-Oct) famous garden-fresh gazpacho, City Market Sandwiches, Signatures Café Sandwiches, Grilled Panini and a variety of green salads. Other popular menu items include the Honey Ginger Chicken Sandwich, Smoked Turkey Reuben, Italian Panini or vegetarian-friendly Veggie Panini and Black Bean Burrito. Be sure to save room for a serious selection of sweets made from scratch including homemade cookies, cakes, bread pudding, Pecan Pie and our famous whoopie pies. Bon appetit!
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Eggs, eggs and more eggs. Go for pastries and enjoy a quick reasonable meal to start the day. Coffee is okay but there's Starbucks down the street.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,870)

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Went with family. Nice selection, so everyone could get what they wanted. The food was fine. Not great, not bad. Staff was very friendly and did a good job cleaning table.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stopped by here the other day for the first time, despite having lived in Savannah for 10 years. The line to the counter was moving quickly and several staff were working hard to make sure tables were cleaned and that everything was efficient. I had a piece of quiche and a cup of soup. The quiche was fine, though the temperature was inconsistent throughout. The soup was good. I wasn't blown away, but if I worked or lived nearby I'd come back and try more of the menu. Cup of soup and piece of quiche, under $8.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were at the door at 7am to get some sandwiches for a road trip. Service was quick, and they wrapped the two of them to fit into our little lunch cooler. The roast beef and Vermont cheddar on a freshly-baked multi-grain baguette turned out to be delicious (real dark green leaf lettuce, fantastic!). My only quibble was that I failed to read the label on the “grape juice” and it turned out to be a “juice drink” loaded with high-fructose corn syrup, not at all what I would have bought had I noticed.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

If you want to sit at a table and have a waitress take your order, don't go to Goose Feathers. Plan to stand in a very long line and wait to order at the counter. The line moves reasonably fast and menus are provided at the door so you can read the menu and make your selection while you stand in line. There is a sign which indicates you should not take a table until after you order but if you don't you will be eating standing up. The breakfast food selection is very limited. There are some pastries, bagels, scrambled or poached eggs, and a bagel/egg sandwitch with bacon ham or sausage. My wife had a sticky bun and said it was the best she has ever had. My son had a pinninie sandwitch which he indicated was good. I had the bagel/egg with bacon sandwitch which was OK but I like McyD's bacon, egg, and cheese bagel better. I ordered hot tea but never received a mug of hot water. I had to ask the kitchen for the mug of hot water for my tea which obviously was not the standard routine. I felt like I was being rushed through breakfast and rushed through the restaurant the whole time that I was there which wasn't very long. They were taking the plates off the table as soon as we took the last bite. I will look for another place to eat breakfast next time I visit Savannah as "Express" is not for me.
P.S. The chocolate croisants looked tempting but it wasn't worth standing in the even longer line which went out into the street to find out if it was good.