“Great place for a quick breakfast”

Goose Feathers an Express Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #21 of 895 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: French, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The inviting aroma of sweet and savory menu items, wholesome cuisine and freshly baked breads and pastries prepared on-site daily keep visitors coming back to Goose Feathers Café day after day. Proudly serving the Savannah area since 1986, this bustling,but cozy café fuses the dining ambiance found in Lower Manhattan's urban Greenwich Village with Southern Charm and Hospitality. Love breakfast? Goose Feathers Café serves hot and cold breakfast items throughout the day. Pair your selection with a cup of freshly ground roasted coffee or choose from one of our many flavored organic teas served piping hot or ice cold for a perfect start or end to your day! Savor go-to breakfast favorites like our warm bagels, handmade sweet preserve-filled and chocolate-stuffed butter croissants, and hearty portions of homemade oatmeal with fresh fruit, Eggs Benedict Savannah style served on our made from scratch butter croissants and our signature Breakfast Panini. For lunch, enjoy the soup of the day or our seasonal(April-Oct) famous garden-fresh gazpacho, City Market Sandwiches, Signatures Café Sandwiches, Grilled Panini and a variety of green salads. Other popular menu items include the Honey Ginger Chicken Sandwich, Smoked Turkey Reuben, Italian Panini or vegetarian-friendly Veggie Panini and Black Bean Burrito. Be sure to save room for a serious selection of sweets made from scratch including homemade cookies, cakes, bread pudding, Pecan Pie and our famous whoopie pies. Bon appetit!
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

A shop owner up the street from Goose Feathers recommended it to us. We weren't sorry we went. Although there was a line it moved really quickly. I had strawberry waffles. When I got my plate I was surprised that it was just the waffle and fresh strawberries. I'm used to the thick, syrupy goop you usually get. It was wonderful. The strawberries were very fresh and sweet. The waffle light and fluffy. There was no need for anything else. Whipped cream was offered but I didn't take it and I'm glad I didn't. My husband had eggs, roasted rosemary potatoes, and sausage. He said it was very good also. So good in fact that were going back tomorrow.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,734)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My hubby and I stayed at the Hilton Garden in and walked a few blocks to this place. I had a very good Belgium waffle with bacon, and he had a "Bird's Nest" or grits, cheddar, and poached eggs. Great food and sweet atmosphere. My hot chocolate to go was very frothy.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I enjoyed an early lunch at Goose Feathers. The food was great, and the workers were pleasant and helpful. However, the temperature inside the restaurant was so warm as almost to be unbearable. We visited in October and the temperature outside was no more than 80. More air conditioning would have made this a five-star rating.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This brunch place was an excellent choice. Despite the line, the restaurant owners set up an efficient system to have people in line start thinking about the food choices.

I highly recommend the eggetarian and the pumpkin whoopie pie!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I walked here from our motel. It was busy but there were some tables available. I ordered the eggs Benedict and my husband had eggs, bacon, and toast. The eggs Benedict was so good. I also had the coffee, which was good too. My husband didn't really like his. He thought he would be getting regular toast but got a baguette type of toast instead. He didn't like the eggs either. He said he preferred the ones at the hotel breakfast. I didn't try them, so can't comment, but I enjoyed it and there were so many other things to choose from. The service was quick. I have eaten here in the past and enjoyed the quiche, bread pudding, and whoopee pies then.