“Great breakfast spot!”

Cuisines: French, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The inviting aroma of sweet and savory menu items, wholesome cuisine and freshly baked breads and pastries prepared on-site daily keep visitors coming back to Goose Feathers Café day after day. Proudly serving the Savannah area since 1986, this bustling,but cozy café fuses the dining ambiance found in Lower Manhattan's urban Greenwich Village with Southern Charm and Hospitality. Love breakfast? Goose Feathers Café serves hot and cold breakfast items throughout the day. Pair your selection with a cup of freshly ground roasted coffee or choose from one of our many flavored organic teas served piping hot or ice cold for a perfect start or end to your day! Savor go-to breakfast favorites like our warm bagels, handmade sweet preserve-filled and chocolate-stuffed butter croissants, and hearty portions of homemade oatmeal with fresh fruit, Eggs Benedict Savannah style served on our made from scratch butter croissants and our signature Breakfast Panini. For lunch, enjoy the soup of the day or our seasonal(April-Oct) famous garden-fresh gazpacho, City Market Sandwiches, Signatures Café Sandwiches, Grilled Panini and a variety of green salads. Other popular menu items include the Honey Ginger Chicken Sandwich, Smoked Turkey Reuben, Italian Panini or vegetarian-friendly Veggie Panini and Black Bean Burrito. Be sure to save room for a serious selection of sweets made from scratch including homemade cookies, cakes, bread pudding, Pecan Pie and our famous whoopie pies. Bon appetit!
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had breakfast here on a recent trip to Savannah. I got the “Eggetarian” - a flaky, buttery croissant with cheese, tomatoes, pesto, and two poached eggs. It was delicious! The croissant was perfect. Also enjoyed their coffee beverages. We will come here again next time we are in Savannah!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great location central to the downtown shopping district and a perfect place to stop in for a coffee and snack while shopping. We stopped in on a hot day and ordered an iced hazelnut latte and a regular drip coffee. My latte was pretty tasty but my friend's coffee was not the best. Goose Feathers serves food and the menu looks good for a small cafe.
The restrooms were very clean and we would stop here again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Last week our family spent a few days in Savannah. We stayed at Andaz Savannah on Barnard Street. Prior to our trip, I did some research about Savannah's dining possibilities, and found Goose Feathers Bakery, literally a block from our hotel. Because I didn't want to pay the outrageous prices for food at our hotel ($5 for a cup of tea, and that was the cheapest on the menu), Goose Feathers Bakery became our daily breakfast spot. While the kids still slept, my husband and I slipped out every morning. Not only does this place have a great variety of breakfast, lunch, and baked goods items, they are very affordable. We loved everything we ate there! The first day we only indulged in some sticky pecan rolls and coffee. The second day I ordered a bagel with cream cheese, lox, tomato, onion, and capers, while my husband had a breakfast panini. We always took some pastries back to the hotel for the kids. Whether it was a filled or a plain croissant, or one of the delicious muffins, they loved it! Last day, the whole family enjoyed a breakfast there before our departure. My husband and I ordered the amazing Eggs Benedict. These are served on a delicious flaky croissant, and the eggs are perfectly poached! Our son had the Belgian waffle with bananas and pecans, and our daughter had a blueberry cheese croissant. I highly recommend this Cafe/Bakery! If we'd had more time, I'd have loved to have had lunch there too!

1  Thank mommarcela
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Food was good, not great. Limited choices of breads. Scrambled eggs a little under done. Iced tea good. Nice atmosphere and location. Would return, but would not go out of my way. Did not try the whoopie pies, because they looked unappealing, wrapped up in plastic wrap.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This has become our go to place after we do 5Ks in Savannah. Great coffee, amazing oatmeal. I have never been disappointed. However, be prepared to wait...but it's well worth it!