“Perfect Breakfast Spot” 5 of 5 bubbles

Goose Feathers an Express Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #22 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The inviting aroma of sweet and savory menu items, wholesome cuisine and freshly baked breads and pastries prepared on-site daily keep visitors coming back to Goose Feathers Café day after day. Proudly serving the Savannah area since 1986, this bustling,but cozy café fuses the dining ambiance found in Lower Manhattan's urban Greenwich Village with Southern Charm and Hospitality. Love breakfast? Goose Feathers Café serves hot and cold breakfast items throughout the day. Pair your selection with a cup of freshly ground roasted coffee or choose from one of our many flavored organic teas served piping hot or ice cold for a perfect start or end to your day! Savor go-to breakfast favorites like our warm bagels, handmade sweet preserve-filled and chocolate-stuffed butter croissants, and hearty portions of homemade oatmeal with fresh fruit, Eggs Benedict Savannah style served on our made from scratch butter croissants and our signature Breakfast Panini. For lunch, enjoy the soup of the day or our seasonal(April-Oct) famous garden-fresh gazpacho, City Market Sandwiches, Signatures Café Sandwiches, Grilled Panini and a variety of green salads. Other popular menu items include the Honey Ginger Chicken Sandwich, Smoked Turkey Reuben, Italian Panini or vegetarian-friendly Veggie Panini and Black Bean Burrito. Be sure to save room for a serious selection of sweets made from scratch including homemade cookies, cakes, bread pudding, Pecan Pie and our famous whoopie pies. Bon appetit!
Wilkesboro, NC
“Perfect Breakfast Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Come and enjoy the coffee or order on the web and they will deliver it to you. Perfect place for a gathering seats can be arranged for a group. Perfect for just the two of you.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Homemade and tasty.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Line was out the door when we arrived mid-morning but definitely worth the wait. Wish that it was open later in the day so that we had the opportunity for a second visit! This is a must stop in Savannah.

Visited April 2013
San Jose, California
“Excellent breakfast & online ordering too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'd wanted to eat at Goose Feathers earlier, but time did not allow it. So, I decided to get breakfast there for my last morning in Savannah. I was going to head over and eat there, but after checking out their website, I saw they had online ordering so you could pick up and go. I completed my online order and headed over to pick it up. It only took me about 5 minutes to get there, and my food was already packaged and waiting. I was able to bypass the line, pick up my order and take it back to my hotel in hardly any time. It was more expensive than a fast food restaurant, but was very good and rather a lot of food. I'd ordered a Belgian waffle with bananas and pecans (which could easily have served 2 people), along with a cappuccino and a mini whoopie pie. All was delicious! Only thing to note was I was not able to specify hot or iced cappuccino on my online order, but not a big deal. I will definitely be back!

Seattle, Washington
“Quick meal, wide selection of good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stopped here for a mid-morning breakfast, based on reviews here. There was a line but it moved smoothly and quickly. You place your order, find a table and your food gets delivered to you. We ordered the bananas and maple syrup oatmeal, coffee, fruit cup. Thought about the bread pudding based on other comments but it just didn’t look that outstanding so we passed. Our order came fairly quickly but there was no maple syrup. I asked one of the gentlemen clearing the tables and he said to ask someone at the counter, which was quite busy. I approached another gentleman who appeared more managerial and asked about maple syrup with my oatmeal. He said, “Well, OK, I can get you some” as if it were an unusual request. When I commented, “…banana and maple syrup oatmeal…?”, he just nodded. We waited, didn’t get the maple syrup. Finally asked someone else and they brought 2 small plastic cups of syrup. After another several minutes, the other gentleman finally did bring me one of those cups with a quick apology for the wait.
Aside from that, it was a quick meal with lots of options, food was good in a large, somewhat crowded room, great location and open early hours (7am weekdays, 8am weekends) for breakfast.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Enterprise, Alabama, United States
“Excellent Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had breakfast here on our way out of town and just loved it. They have a great assortment of pastries and baked goods (wonderful croissants) as well as full hot breakfasts. Very tasty and reasonable. I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited March 2013