“Best stay ever”

Comfort Suites Gateway
Ranked #61 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 4, 2013

There were 3 adults in my party. We could not have asked for a better place to stay, we checked in on Sunday October 20, 2013 and checked out on Thursday October 24, 2013. Would have stayed longer but our vacation as they always do came to an end. The staff were some of the nicest people we have ever dealt with, the location was absolutely beautiful, they were always greeting you with a smile and really couldn't do enough for us!!!!!!!!!!! If we ever get the opportunity to be back in this area we will definitely go back to this location, no questions asked!!! Thank you, Ashley, Latoya, and Shama we really enjoyed it!!!! The Goodlett's from KY.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Comfort Suites Gateway Savannah. We appreciate your kind words regarding our clean nice rooms. We value any feedback we receive from our guests.
In addition we would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of your suite, the friendliness of the staff, and the gorgeous lobby. I will be sharing your kind words with the entire team.
Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel, and we look forward to servicing your future lodging needs.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We stayed 2 nights here and are glad we did. After reading some of the previous reviews I was slightly concerned however our room was spotless, actually one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. Location was a little far from downtown, approx 20 minute drive but not horrible. Overall if you are looking for a clean hotel at a great value, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2013
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your guest room. Our staff strives to serve excellence in guest service and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations.
Hope to see you in the future, safe travels.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I should preface this review by stating that we were on our way home from a week at Disney World. We were all exhausted and likely would have slept like rocks most anywhere. But we were very disappointed in the cleanliness, or rather lack thereof. The towels were stained a dingy brown. The carpets were stained. Dust bunnies in the corner. Quite a letdown after a week in the Most Magical Place on Earth. But the worst part was the whirlpool. We specifically were wanting a hotel with a whirlpool to soak away the soreness after our trip, and the whirlpool was colder than the pool. And the walls were paper thin. We heard every noise in the hall and above and below us. What a disappointment. We will not be returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. As you acknowledged in your response we are looking into this situation. However, this does not excuse the unpleasant variables that resulted in your disappointing stay. I can assure you that steps are being taken to assure this issue does not re-occur in the future.

In the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I started staying here in 2009. It was very nice, well maintained and well staffed. Since then, I have watched this beautiful facility slowly decay. Nasty old towels, mildewed bathrooms, dirty carpets, extremely cheap paper products, etc, etc. Just sad to watch them save so much money that they go out of business.

Room Tip: Drive past this place and the nearby Sleep Inn that these folks also own.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gary W
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Comfort Suites. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our amenities and the condition of our property. You will be happy to know we are in the process of improving product and I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments especially because you've been a loyal customer since 2009.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Starting in 2009 we stayed here about twice per year. This past August was our last. Carpets in hallways have enough stains for a CSI scene feature. There were cracker crumbs all around the night stand that tells me the cleaning crew needs to be retrained. All the chairs in the dining area are stained as well from food, drink or puke. Overall, it is clear to me that management is blind as well as the cleaning crew. When I say stains, I mean large areas 3-4 inches on the chairs and 12-14 inches on the carpets. I have photo's to back up my comments. We will stay here no more under any circumstances!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. My management team is working hand in hand with the Choice Brand to assure my property meets and exceeds guest expectations moving forward. As you acknowledged in your response we are looking into this situation. However, this does not excuse the unpleasant variables that resulted in your disappointing stay. I can assure you that steps are being taken to ensure this issue does not re-occur in the future.
We appreciate your loyalty and returning to us every year, twice a year since 2009; in the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Kind Regards,
The Team at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Due to the Government shutdown, I stayed at this hotel instead of a downtown Savannah hotel. The reviews were pretty good and the price was great! It's overall a very good hotel for the price. The customer service was exceptional--down to the cleaning crew. Quita at the front desk was extremely helpful and went out of her way even after we left to look for my credit card I thought I left in my room. Breakfast was fine and rooms were clean. However the bathroom molding in the room could be touched up a bit. Overall, had a very nice stay. Unfortunately, all of the events that I was attending were in downtown Savannah and it is a bit far from there. My suggestion is if you have events you plan to attend in downtown Savannah--STAY DOWNTOWN OR AT LEAST--MIDTOWN! Traffic stays heavy and if time is of the essence, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway. We appreciate your kind words regarding our clean nice rooms. We value any feedback we receive from our guests>

In addition we are glad you enjoyed some of our excellent amenities. We want our guest to have all the comforts of home while staying at our hotel, and a soothing night’s sleep and hot breakfast are just a few ways our team strives to achieve that. I want to apologize that our location was an inconvenience for you.

Kind Regards,
The Team at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was my birthday weekend (Sunday 6th) I was just looking for some place clean to wind down from a hectic work week and I found it. The room was very clean and that's was very important to me, the hallways were immaculate, the lobby was beautifully decorated and the staff was very nice.Thank you for a wonderful weekend .

• Stayed: October 2013
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Happy Birthday, I'm so glad we were a part of your special weekend. Thank you for sharing.