“Disgusting”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jupiter, Florida
“Disgusting”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Starting in 2009 we stayed here about twice per year. This past August was our last. Carpets in hallways have enough stains for a CSI scene feature. There were cracker crumbs all around the night stand that tells me the cleaning crew needs to be retrained. All the chairs in the dining area are stained as well from food, drink or puke. Overall, it is clear to me that management is blind as well as the cleaning crew. When I say stains, I mean large areas 3-4 inches on the chairs and 12-14 inches on the carpets. I have photo's to back up my comments. We will stay here no more under any circumstances!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. My management team is working hand in hand with the Choice Brand to assure my property meets and exceeds guest expectations moving forward. As you acknowledged in your response we are looking into this situation. However, this does not excuse the unpleasant variables that resulted in your disappointing stay. I can assure you that steps are being taken to ensure this issue does not re-occur in the future.
We appreciate your loyalty and returning to us every year, twice a year since 2009; in the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

The Team at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Due to the Government shutdown, I stayed at this hotel instead of a downtown Savannah hotel. The reviews were pretty good and the price was great! It's overall a very good hotel for the price. The customer service was exceptional--down to the cleaning crew. Quita at the front desk was extremely helpful and went out of her way even after we left to look for my credit card I thought I left in my room. Breakfast was fine and rooms were clean. However the bathroom molding in the room could be touched up a bit. Overall, had a very nice stay. Unfortunately, all of the events that I was attending were in downtown Savannah and it is a bit far from there. My suggestion is if you have events you plan to attend in downtown Savannah--STAY DOWNTOWN OR AT LEAST--MIDTOWN! Traffic stays heavy and if time is of the essence, you won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway. We appreciate your kind words regarding our clean nice rooms. We value any feedback we receive from our guests>

In addition we are glad you enjoyed some of our excellent amenities. We want our guest to have all the comforts of home while staying at our hotel, and a soothing night’s sleep and hot breakfast are just a few ways our team strives to achieve that. I want to apologize that our location was an inconvenience for you.

Conway, South Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was my birthday weekend (Sunday 6th) I was just looking for some place clean to wind down from a hectic work week and I found it. The room was very clean and that's was very important to me, the hallways were immaculate, the lobby was beautifully decorated and the staff was very nice.Thank you for a wonderful weekend .

• Stayed October 2013
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your guest room. Our staff strives to serve excellence in guest service and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations.
Happy Birthday, I'm so glad we were a part of your special weekend. Thank you for sharing.

The Team at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2013

No disappointment at Comfort Inn Suites Gateway. Clean, spacious rooms with many amenities. Microwave, refrigerator, large shower, safe, flat screen TV and hot breakfast. Courteous, friendly staff. Only minutes from Historic Savannah.

Room Tip: I would like to stay in the suites that I the whirlpool tub.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank HMK33710
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway. We appreciate your kind words regarding our clean nice rooms. We value any feedback we receive from our guests.

Best Regards,
HURRCANE,WV
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight here on our way to WV from Sarasota, FL. The general area is very nice; the hotel was clean and seemed relatively new; the breakfast was good; and the staff was polite and knowledgeable. Good restaurant are very close too. My older model GPS unit gave me slight misdirection, but the hotel is located almost directly behind a Ruby Tuesday's and you will have no problem finding it. I will stay here again if I get the opportunity.
Recommended!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room close to the lobby, but it was still quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron H
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Port orange
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was able to use my alumni discount and got the room cheaper than the highway discount coupons and I think I will be able to earn points, which they won't give with the coupons. The room was nice and clean and comfortable. Had a little trouble with the wifi going in and out but other than that would stay again. They even have free beer and wine from 5-7 pm. Limited to two wines, three beers (small) but still, it was nice. We did try to get a room on our return trip, but couldn't get the same discount. Stayed somewhere else. Also, it is across the parking lot to Ruby Tuesday. Very convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LindaH343
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize regarding the wifi service and am glad that you enjoyed our Happy Hour Service. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here for two nights when travelling through America. It is a really nice hotel, the breakfast was good and the free wine and beer from 5-7pm was even better. It's a wee bit out of the way but as we were travelling by car wasn't really a problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We love repeat guests !!!! Thank you for the great words about the hotel. When a guest comes back by choice we know we are doing it right. There are so many options today it really is about comfort and how you are treated. Our team is great and they enjoy what they do, that makes it easier. Happy Hour is a great time of fellowship with great guests like yourself.

The Team at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway