“Room service, not!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seminole, Florida
“Room service, not!”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We got to the hotel late, after midnight. When I called to ask them if that would be ok, they said it would and we wouldn't have to check out at the normal check out time. Come to find out, the operator wasn't even working at the hotel and had no idea what he was talking about. We still had to check out after like 4 hrs. The staff was able to accomodate us. We needed to stay another night but only if we could have the original rate that we booked at of $88.00. Sure, no problem says the manager. Credit card was charged $98.00. Don't think I will be staying there anymore

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Renee P
CSDirector, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, September 19, 2012

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 912-920-9499.

Directof of Sales & Marketing
912-920-9499

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Somerset
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights to visit Savannah.

Hotel very clean and tidy. We would have preferred an outdoor pool but as it was we still enjoyed the use of the pool.

Breakfast was fair. Useful to be able to use the business centre as we do not have a lap top.

Handy to have a fridge and microwave although we went out to Ruby Tuesday which is conveniently a 30 second walk.

My boys liked the popcorn and my husband and I liked the happy hour.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
cssavannah, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for your gracious comments regarding our Happy hour, Indoor heated pool, business center, breakfast and the condition of the guestrooms and service provided at the Comfort Suites Gateway, Savannah, GA. We are delighted that you found our property to be well-kept, attractive and welcoming. We truly believe the Comfort Suites Gateway is the best choice to have a clean, friendly and overall great experience for each and every one of our guests. Our staff works diligently to ensure our property, both inside and out, is meticulously maintained. You will find colorful plants and flowers bringing vibrancy to the spring and summer months and our beautifully glowing chandelier lights illuminating the property; all of this before you even enter the Great Room.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

With Kindest Regards

Albany NY
Reviewed April 12, 2012

After a long day of driving, the Comfort Suites was a great place to relax. A large room, clean and attractive, with a specially nice bathroom. The people at reception were very friendly. Had a good fridge and microwave, looked like new furniture. Great breakfast, with a large variety including eggs and waffles. Only about 10 minutes to old Savannah where dinner was a delight. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
cssavannah, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear Valuable Guest

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's great to know that you're happy.

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Sincerely

Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Very comfy, this was part of a group tour. Wi-fi, but could not use the ifone inside the hotel. Had to step outside.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for your time in sharing with us your experience at comfort Suites Gateway, Savannah, GA. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with our beautiful hotel.

Please know that our WIFI systyem is not selective of any brand of phone, and as per our IT department, iPhones and Blackberries are known to have short distance WIFI range. However, we have recently began installing new routers to alleviate issues concerning internet connection.

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Sincerely

Tn.
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed here about 3 yrs. ago, everything was excellent. Not as much now. Things looked a bit worn in the bath and room. Service was slow, young lady at front desk could had used an extra hand. Breakfast on first morning was alright. Second morning was a bit of a mess. No coffee, several food items were empty. Had too wait for food. Seemed like the young lady had to handle front desk plus busy breakfast area. Might stay here again but would check other options.

Room Tip: Check internet rates. Found a good deal there.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ruth-tn
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback outline with tripadvisor.com. It was wonderful to read your positive comments regarding the hotel, especially the word “Jewel". Your valuable review helps us improve. We appreciate your review and always ready to serve guest like you. The front desk agent that assisted you during your stay at our hotel was still new and going through some training. On second stay, the breakfast attendant also had a family emergency so could not come to work. Consequently front desk had to handle everything. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Hope we will make you more comfortable on your next visit to our property.

Look forward to servicing your future lodging needs.

Thanking you,

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My husband and I spent an overnight stay at the Comfort Suites at Gateway on the way to pick up our daughter from SCAD. Considering our stay was during the St. Patrick's Day weekend, the price was reasonable. Also, the hotel's location was conveniently situated away from the congestion of the city. Our room was clean, spacious and satisfactorily furnished. I would say the same about the bathroom. The bed was a bit stiff yet 'sleepable' and the pillows could have been of a better quality. Breakfast was unremarkable if you're used to a greater selection. Our biggest disappointment had to do with what I called "paper-thin" walls where our beds were located. After a very long day of work before the long trip from Florida, I was very tired -- desiring a good, restful sleep once we reached our destination. Unfortunately, I was kept awake for an hour or so after retiring to bed by the very loud talking and movement in the adjacent room. The same noisiness caused me to awaken much earlier than preferred the next morning. In fact, I could make out every word that was uttered -- very annoying (considering I was NOT intending to eavesdrop). I suppose if you're a light sleeper like me, and such noisy activity concerns you, you could be a bit assertive about your room choice/arrangement, if possible. Overall, this hotel is a satisfactory place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I called the hotel the day before to see if I could check in early because I would be driving all night..I spoke to Fatima who said she would do her best and she did! I checked in early...I had my grandkids with me..when we walked into the room they asked if we could live there...the bed was so awesome..the down quilt..was oh so comfy! The inside pool was a blast...we walked to restaurants..breakfast the next morning was great..The property was beautiful..the staff was wonderful..I cant say enough about this property and the staff..Im coming back this summer and I cant wait! BTW..Fatima was wonderful!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank marcy b
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the comfort suites attentive staff and spacious facility. Each member of our team strives to positively impact each guest’s stay by exceeding their expectations and being absolutely committed to excellence in every detail

I very much value and appreciate your patronage. We take pride in our beautiful hotel and strive to uphold the very best facilities as well as superb customer service. The team at the Comfort Suites Gateway provides personal attention to each guest exceeds their expectations during every stay. I am delighted that you will come back to our hotel whenever you are in the area

Look forward to servicing your future lodging needs.

Thanking you,