“Nice Decor”

Cafe At City Market
Ranked #261 of 858 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Macon, Georgia, USA
“Nice Decor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

This little place had a charming decor but not much else. Our service was lacking - almost like an inconvenience. We waited 30 minutes to be seated only to find most of the tables empty. Our food was mediocre at best. My daughter ordered a Ribeye Sandwich which was full of bones. The location is great but skip it!

Visited July 2013

Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great location, tasty drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

After walking around town for a bit, I stopped at the Cafe for a light meal and drink. The Georgia Peach Sangria was really yummy and I enjoyed the appetizer of baked brie with fruit. City Market is a great place to hang out and lots of time there is live music. Sitting outside at the Cafe, you have a great view of people walking through City Market and can really enjoy the music.

Manhasset, New York
“Nice atmosphere, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was located at the 2nd stop on the old town trolley tour. We decided to get off and look around and since we were hungry decided to give it a try. Overall a pretty average experience. The food was ok at best. My daughter had the pizza and noticed that the crust was not let's say crusty, but more soggy. I had the grouper sandwich...not bad but again nothing special. However the one thing I must say was quite good was the peach cobbler. Being from the north, I always wanted to try was peach cobbler and I was really thankful I did. I can't compare it to anything since I have never had it before, but what they served me I thought was fantastic. To complete my review i have to say the service was average at best.

Florida
“Pretty Good ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had drinks here one night and lunch the next day. Great location for people watching when it's not too hot outside.

Friendly is the word to describe the employees. A fun atmosphere. Our waitress was very good in the beginning but really slowed near the end. Took a while to get our check, but we were not in a hurry so no huge inconvenience. Just not prompt, that's all.

It was Sunday so we could not get any drinks (alcohol) until noon. Funny that the city of Savannah has not made an exception for tourist districts as many other cities have.

We were served the grilled salmon salad and a chicken/bacon/blue cheese sandwich, both were pretty good. More so in the case of the salmon salad. It was early and the restaurant was not yet busy and the food came out very quickly.

We would eat here again, but if outside, would choose the opposite side from the adjacent BlueGreen Vacations office. The employees there seem to be chronic chain-smokers, almost operating a tag-team smoking event at their front door, which is mere feet from Cafe's outdoor seating. The smoke billowing from this smoker's extravaganza next door was wafting into the outdoor seating area almost non-stop.

• Visited July 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Worst Experience I have Ever Had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I ordered a Cheeseburger well done. After taking several bites I noticed the burger was not cooked well done it was cooked rare. I do not believe in sending food back to be recooked. I asked the manager to take the burger off my bill, she refused and accused me of trying to get a free meal. I never raised my voice, I never used any curse words and she said I was threatening her and that I was in her face and if I did not calm down she would call the police..I sat in my seat and did not say another word. I paid my bill with cash, I did not trust her with my credit card. She brought my change and again proceeded to chew my but out. I looked at my date and we were both flabbergasted amazed, we both agreed this was the worst experience we had ever had. Oh I told the manager that we would not be back her answer was we don't want you back. I wonder what the owner of Cafe Market would say? Amazing is all I can say.