“Disappointed”

Cafe At City Market
Ranked #261 of 858 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The food was average, not great. We had the pizza for our little one and the chicken Marsala with ravioli. The serving portion was small. 2 Peach Sangrias (good but small), one 10 inch pizza, one dinner and a lemonade= $56. We should have looked around more :-(.

No children's menu.

1 Thank John V

Ross, Ohio, United States
“Ok~But would not return!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went for lunch, food was very pricey! I had shrimp and grits with collard greens. Collard greens were excellent but shrimp and grits were just ok. Spent $13.95 on that meal which only had 4 pieces of shrimp. Daughter had the Cuban sandwich which was ok also. Sad thing was a local suggested this place!

2 Thank Gerardo R
Streetsboro, Ohio
“The food wasn't great, but the experience was.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our waiter was the son of the owner, and he was really sweet! I ordered the shrimp and grits; it was not good. The shrimp were overcooked, the grits had no flavor, and the greens had WAY too much vinegar in them. It was a cute place in a good location, so I wanted to like it more than I did; it had so much personality! But if I was back in Savannah, I would probably try another restaurant.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Leah W
Indian Mound, Tennessee, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wouldn't go back if it was the last place to eat in Savannah”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The food was horrible! The temperature inside the place was about as hot and muggy as the outside air. The waitress had a personality of a wet mop. HATED this place, and sorry I wasted my money in it!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Would not go back”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The food was ok but so not worth the wait. The service was so slow and by the time we got our food we were painfully hungry. Not a great experience, but it was a holiday weekend so maybe they were overwhelmed.

• Visited May 2013