“Summer Interlude”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: No trip to Savannah is complete without a visit to Leopold's Ice Cream! Named the #5 Ice Cream in the World, Leopold's is a "Must-Do." You'll enjoy visiting our retro ice cream parlor, complete with old fashioned soda fountain and friendly soda jerks. You'll also experience a little piece of Hollywood in Savannah as you peruse Stratton Leopold's collection of film posters and props from films he has worked on over his 45 plus years in the movie industry! Leopold's Ice Cream was founded in 1919 by three immigrant brothers from Greece. They learned the art of candy and dessert from an uncle who had already settled in America. The brothers perfected the secret formulas and created the world famous Leopold's VeriBest™ ice cream.Our ice cream is made in house, one batch at a time, using family recipes handed down from the Leopold brothers. With our soda fountain creations and more than 28 flavors available at any given time, we've got something just for you!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everyone needs to visit Leopolds! We waited in line like everyone else only to be served the best hot fudge sundae ever! The only disappointment was that they had run out of mint ice cream - my favorite - and I had the pistachio instead - not a bad substitute!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This ice cream was so good. We visited twice. The line is usually long, moves fast. One of the only places that stay open late.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited this place during our stay in Savannah. We went on 4th of July weekend on Saturday around 4pm and waited outside in line for about an hour. They had a waitress that would bring out water and cups to the people waiting in line, which was very nice! She recommended the Chocolate Chewy and Cream flavor to us and I'm glad we tried it! The ice cream was amazing with little pieces of brownie and nuts. I'd highly recommend this place, so good!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I were in savannah for the 4th of July weekend and came across this parlor with line out of the door. We thought hmm this place must be good so we decided that after our ghost walk tour we would go back and try it. Well thank goodness we did! We didn't have to wait in line and the ice cream was so delicious we went back again after the fireworks on the river the next day. I had the pistachio ice and it was chock full of nuts with no artificial coloring and it was creamy and just to die for. My hubby had the coconut ice cream and it had real coconut in it! So if ever in Savannah you have to give it a try!!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

World famous ice cream. I was surprised at all the movie stars that stop by and tasted this traffic ice cream. There is always a long line but, it moves quickly. All of the kids working there were very positive, upbeat, and courteous. Small place to seat and eat but, you can grab the ice cream and walk around Savannah enjoying the southern evenings. I would go back and take friends with me, of course they stand in line behind me......