“Remember Tutti Fruiti?”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: No trip to Savannah is complete without a visit to Leopold's Ice Cream! Named the #5 Ice Cream in the World, Leopold's is a "Must-Do." You'll enjoy visiting our retro ice cream parlor, complete with old fashioned soda fountain and friendly soda jerks. You'll also experience a little piece of Hollywood in Savannah as you peruse Stratton Leopold's collection of film posters and props from films he has worked on over his 45 plus years in the movie industry! Leopold's Ice Cream was founded in 1919 by three immigrant brothers from Greece. They learned the art of candy and dessert from an uncle who had already settled in America. The brothers perfected the secret formulas and created the world famous Leopold's VeriBest™ ice cream.Our ice cream is made in house, one batch at a time, using family recipes handed down from the Leopold brothers. With our soda fountain creations and more than 28 flavors available at any given time, we've got something just for you!
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Oh my! After a Monte Cristo sandwich at Papillote for dinner, I felt too stuffed for dessert, but my husband wanted to try Leopold's ice cream, so we walked over. Just had to try a child's scoop of tutti fruiti when I saw it. So glad I did. I haven't had good ice cream that flavor since childhood, and Leopold's was absolutely delicious. Great atmosphere as well. Don't miss this place!

There are newer reviews for Leopold's Ice Cream

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is the best ice cream ever. I've had it a the Clemson dairy and the Penn State dairy, and they aren't even close to Leopold's. If you don't do anything else in Savannah, come here.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We visited Leopold's twice on our vacation and lucky for us both times there was not the usual line that we saw when we passed in on tours. They make their ice cream from recipes handed down for generations and is shows. They will let you try samples for free, are very friendly and their ice cream is just the best. The first time we just got scoops of ice cream, but the second time we saw a lady coming out with a sundae and got one of those. It was really good but the chocolate syrup hid the taste of the real ice cream and wished that I had just gotten scoops again to enjoy a homemade delight.

1  Thank macska
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Even though we waited in line 20 minutes it was worth it. It was absolutely the best ice cream I've ever had.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband got lemon Savannah Smiles flavor ice cream and I had rose flavored ice cream in a cherry coke float and both were delicious. The shop is filled with posters and other memorabilia from the movie industry and also a working juke box that still plays records.