“Absolutely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.”

Staybridge Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #67 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Absolutely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Absolutely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. From the moment that you step in the place, you feel welcome and staff goes out of their way to ensure you have a great stay.

They host a social hour, 3 days a week, that is second to none. The menu changes each night but the Fresh "Create your own" Hoagie bar, salads etc were the best. Breakfast was great with a number of great options. Fresh fruit and coffee made for a great stay.

Room service was great and they kept room in top shape. My first choice when I have business in Savannah!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SenateBean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend in Savannah and it was great. I wanted to stay in Old Town, but the prices were just so high during tourist season. This is was just as easy since it was right off the highway. We went in with no reservations and reserved 3 nights with at a good rate, with no problems, and were in our rooms within about 15 minutes. They were so helpful. In fact we decided the second night that we didn't need the third night and the refunded us with no problems at all. Way to go!
Our room itself was great, a little sitting area, comfortable bed, and a nice TV. We also had almost a full kitchen! Fridge, microwave, stove and sink! Too bad we weren't staying longer :). Everything was clean.
The fitness center was a bit lacking for an extended stay. Only 2 treadmills. The room is huge though, so they had room to improve, I hope they do.
The breakfast! One of the best free breakfasts I have ever seen. All kinds of hot and cold options! Lots of fresh fruit and yogurt! The food was restocked as needed, in a very timely fashion. The room was a bit cramped while getting food, but some days they are crowded, and sometimes they are not. We ate our fill each morning.
I highly recommend this hotel, everything was great for us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank njkrisko
Hialeah, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here in june and the lady that checked us in on the grave yard shift was extremely rude.

Seemed like we were bothering her by just staying there . the only nice one out of the entire staff was the breakfast lady .

Room was small and cramped would not stay here again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank LadyJKin
Jake A, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hi LadyJKin,

Thanks for staying with us! We're glad you enjoyed our breakfast and our amazing hostess, Rosa. She really takes pride in starting everyone's day off on the right note. We are honored to have her with us and are so happy that she impressed you.

As a reminder, we have 4 floor plans available, ranging from our economical open floor plan studio suites to our deluxe, spacious 2 bedroom/2 bath family suites that feature separate living room and kitchen from the bedrooms.

Perhaps on your next visit, we'll have one of the larger suites available for the comfort and enjoyment of your family. You may want to book in advance--they always fill up! Because of that, we can't always provide free upgrades and I regret that we weren't able to honor you with a larger suite than you originally reserved.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may address any other aspect of your stay. Any concern of our guests is my first priority, so I welcome the opportunity to speak with you at your leisure. My telephone number is 912-965-1551.

Regards,

Jake
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel meet all of our requirements, kids liked the light snack they offered in the evening.
I would stay here again only 15 mins from historic Savannah. Easy on easy off I-95. Place was clean and bright. So if you need to stop this might be for you.

Room Tip: stay Monday thru Thursday and enjoy a snack social.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jpb56
Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

After a fabulous 5-month stay at Staybridge in Augusta GA, I insisted that the corporation make reservations to stay at Staybridge in Savannah…and it was two weeks from Hades (July 15-28, 2012)! A platinum member and the “perk” was a free bottle of water. Upon arrival, the receptionist had a cordial attitude. However, by the next afternoon, her undue smugness was deplorable.
We had breakfast a couple of times in the main dining room. The excellent breakfast selections were vast; waffles, fruit, yogurt, hot selections, coffee bar and more. Although there was lots of food, I was chastised for taking too much bacon. They were slow to clear dirty plates.
The third day of our stay, 7 housekeepers were cleaning the front tile with spray cleaner, mops and grout brushes. As I left the elevator, I slipped on the wet floor and fell hitting my left knee, elbow and folding my thumb under my hand. As I made my way to the front desk to report the incident, I noticed several of the maids “skiing” their way across the floor in tennis shoes. The desk clerk was more interested in taking pictures of the Slippery Floor signs than my soreness. She took a few notes and a lot of pictures. When I requested a copy of the report, she retorted, “The report is for internal use only.” She refused to give me a copy of my account of the incident.
The housekeeping staff was extremely unprofessional. Each time I complained about their lack of professionalism, the desk staff made excuses. We were told that this was a pet friendly hotel…HA! The staff was scared of our dogs and ran for cover each time we were in the hall. They refused to clean the room “because of the dogs” When we arrived, we told the desk staff to call the room and we would remove the dogs from the room so that they could service the room. We received one call on the 26th. Every other time, we called the front desk (around 2:45pm) for service. During our 14 day stay, housekeeping lightly cleaned our room 4 times. We had to empty our own trash, had to trade out towels, and had to retrieve supplies like dishwashing soap. Oddly enough, on our last day, we were awakened at 9:00am for housekeeping.
The second week of our stay was met with resurfacing/construction to the pool. Who schedules pool construction during July?? And, why weren’t we informed about this when corporate made our reservations??
The daytime front desk clerk, Megan, was extremely argumentative. Her manner was trite and not terribly courteous. The nighttime desk clerks were usually gracious but misinformed or not informed at all. If I heard one lie and/or excuse I heard 100!! It was never a staff’s fault for a problematic situation. Whether it be the reception desk personnel, housekeeping, or the cook staff, “barely adequate” is the best description that comes to mind and the Airport/Staybridge somehow is very consistent with this impression – mediocrity masquerading as excellence. Do not stay at the Airport Staybridge in Savannah. The surly staff does not care about the guests. We would not recommend it to anyone unless and until the hotel gives some tips to their employees on how to behave with their guests. I’ve complained to Staybridge, LLC. Guess what? More excuses! The hotel is owned by West Chatham Hospitality, LLC.; however, the only number to contact them is Staybridge, LLC.

Room Tip: Select another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank CDM29841
Jake A, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Ms. Mode,

Thank you for your review. We’re pleased that you had a fantastic stay at the Staybridge Suites Augusta. Staybridge Suites hotels are great properties—perfect for longer and shorter visits alike---and I regret that you didn’t have a wonderful time with us.

We’re glad you were able to refresh towels and pick up additional supplies in the evenings of days you didn’t have housekeeping service. As you know, Staybridge Suites hotels don’t provide housekeeping service on weekends. We also cannot service a room when a pet is uncrated within the suite, when a guest refuses to step out of the suite for cleaning, or when a “do not disturb” sign is affixed to the door (or the door is dead-bolted) as late as 1pm. These policies are in the interest of guest privacy and employee safety. Our notes show that on 4 days of your stay, the housekeeping department was able to make contact with you and, as a courtesy, stayed after-hours solely to clean your suite at a time it was convenient for you.

Guest and employee safety is paramount at our hotel. I appreciate you alerting us to the incident you described during our lobby cleaning. Despite our concerns, you indicated our offer to provide first aid, palliative care, or other attention was simply unnecessary. I am surprised to read that you thought it odd that Megan took photos --after all, you asked that they be taken and even accompanied her while they were. In our many conversations with you after that time, you didn’t mention any further concerns. We’ll continue to set up caution signs and use quick-drying solutions to help alleviate safety concerns while we’re cleaning.

In addition to cleaning, periodic refurbishment is necessary to keep the hotel facilities in good condition. Accordingly, a pool renovation was scheduled. During the months prior to your arrival, information was provided to all reservation sources for all reservations encompassing the dates our pool was scheduled for renovation. I am not sure why your companion’s company travel department did not alert you to this when they booked. Signage was provided within the hotel, too, to alert guests that alternative arrangements were available. During the renovation, many of our guests enjoyed transportation to other swim facilities or enjoyed full-access day passes to the nearby YMCA. I regret that you didn’t take advantage of these offers. The great news is that another pool renovation isn’t due for years!

We’re happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our bountiful buffet breakfast. I can’t imagine how much bacon would have to be plated to provoke our dining hostess to even bat an eye (much less say anything,) but I’ll be sure to bring this up at our next staff meeting. I apologize.

We hope you have a comfortable transition to Savannah and hope that you’ll keep us in mind for your next trip. I invite you to contact me directly if I may help you with anything else.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

My hubs& I were celebrating our anniv. We stayed @ the hotel & was very happy with our choice on hotels. The room was beautiful, great view, & cozy. We were glad with their breakfast service, which was convenient, we even liked the social dinner mon thru thurs. We enjoyed our time in the pool. The staff was very polite, friendly, helpful and very professional. We are so excited about our stay we plan on using staybridge suites again & when we come back to Savannah with our kids we are staying here!! Thanks for a Great Stay!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patti A
lawrenceville,ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Perfect for the business traveler. Close to the airport, restaurants and shopping. Pleasant staff and the rooms were very comfortable. Thanks for a nice stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business