“Never picked us up”

Ranked #23 of 145 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a ride in a real Hearse and see the beautiful historic homes. We tell you stories about Savannah's Ghost's while showing you our remarkable Historic District. Tours are 75 minutes long and their are only eight people per tour! This tour is only $17.00 for Adults and $10 for Children call or email us for reservations. We tour every day of the year!! Private tours are available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 24, 2008

Called to make appointment for hotel pickup. Hearse drove by and didn't stop. Called them and they basically didn't know what was going on, made it seem like they didn't care and that we were bothering them, told us they would call us right back, and never did. We called back later and were blown off. Called back even later and were told that they guessed that the tour had started and there was nothing they could do. Avoid them.

You can identify them from their handouts as having no physical address, only a website (http://www.hearseghosttours.com/) and a phone number.

9  Thank AFSurgeon
hearsetours, Reservationist/Customer Care at Hearse Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2009

Thank You for Your review. I want to point out that the office has been reorganized since you wrote this comment. I am sorry if you experienced any inconvenience in the past. I can assure anyone who reads these comments, that we make reservations and we strive to fill all the requests for our services. Current reviews confirm this. Again Thank You and if you are in Savannah again I hope you will call so I can rectify any past problems.

Sincerly,
Jackie

There are newer reviews for Hearse Ghost Tours

Reviewed July 31, 2008

We are three teachers from Vero Beach, FL who needed a much needed vacation. We all decided on Savannah. On our first night, we were amazed to see hearses driving around the city. Right away we decided we had to ride in the hearse before we left. We booked for Monday, July 21, 2008. It was our last night in Savannah. The hearse came right to the front door of our hotel. We cannot say that about any other ghost tour!!! Louis, our hearse driver/tourguide/storyteller was absolutely amazing! He kept us entertained throughout the tour. We heard everything from the truly disturbing and ghoulish to hilarious theories on ghosts sightings and other paranormal activities. This tour was one of the best! Riding in a real hearse that could have possibly shuttled hundreds of departed souls to their next destination made the tour that much more creepy!! "We do declare.. .This is truly a macabre ghost tour"!!!! We highly recommend this tour.

4  Thank Jinx25kcrd
Reviewed May 28, 2008

My family and I went on this tour on 5/23/08. We booked it that afternoon and I'm so glad we did. It was a blast!

The hearse pulled up right in front of our hotel which was really convienent since we had a member of a party who required a cane to walk. Our tour guide's name was John. The tour was educational, fun and had a couple of scary moments thanks to John who did a great job!

Two thumbs up from me as well as the rest of my family!!!

4  Thank Schaubroeck
Reviewed May 6, 2008

Reservation made and paid for several days in advance and yet they were a no show. I see others have had this problem as well. I am a member of the media and was to do a story on their tour, but see they are not worthy. Its terrible when you have limited time and it is wasted by others with no organization or professionalism.

" Travels With Terry "

3  Thank travelswithterry
Reviewed March 29, 2008

We called, and on the message it stated that they were not able to answer the phone, but to leave a message with your number and they would call right back. This was 10:30 am, and I stated my phone number on the message TWICE, and slowly.

We never heard from them, and at 4:30pm we called back, and the message said they were booked for the entire evening.

NO ONE EVER CALLED US. I would have continued to call if the message didn't say they return calls...

I left another message, but it was to no avail.

BAD BUSINESS practice