“Fun Savannah Experience”

Ranked #23 of 147 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a ride in a real Hearse and see the beautiful historic homes. We tell you stories about Savannah's Ghost's while showing you our remarkable Historic District. Tours are 75 minutes long and their are only eight people per tour! This tour is only $17.00 for Adults and $10 for Children call or email us for reservations. We tour every day of the year!! Private tours are available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We seek out ghost tours in the cities we visit, and this one is unique since it involves driving (in a hearse no less). Dawn of the Dead is probably the best tour guide we've had for any ghost tour - her delivery and knowledge is top notch. The seating is a bit rough, but we didn't mind. We had our 13-year-old twins with us, and they loved it. Price was very reasonable.

1  Thank Michael H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Hearse Ghost Tour has everything to be a great nighttime tour...but our experience was don’t waste your money. We saw a Hearse Ghost Tour earlier in the day and the driver was outside the vehicle talking to the riders and pointing to different things and telling stories...so we decided to book the late night tour ending at midnight. First, we were asked to wait on the corner outside our hotel for the driver to pick us up in the cold and wind and just when I decided to call and cancel the tour...my cell phone rang and the driver told me that she was waiting on the other side of the building where we could have waited in the warm hotel lobby. Second, now that we were cold to the bone we started driving around town with the side windows down so we could enjoy the cold wind blowing on our faces as we drove through town for the next 75 minutes. Third, the front windshield was a rolled up type plastic screen that had not been cleaned in months and you could not see through it at night. Fourth, there are eight seats and the front two seats are turned to the side and back to each other which would not have been noticeable if the other seat had not been broken and every time we make a left hand turn it would crash into my back so I had to sit forward so I would not be hurt. Fifth, our driver only told stories from inside the vehicle while she was driving so I really could not hear anything that she was saying but really it just sounded like a really long TV commercial. Lastly, the only heat was in the front cab of the vehicle...so occasionally I would feel the heat escape from the front cab when turning corner...and we were so cold afterwards that we skipped the midnight New Year’s fireworks. In summary, it was a nice ride around town in the freezing cold without any heat while we tried to hear the driver tell ghost stories...so if you think that is worth $18/pp give it a try...but our experience was don’t waste your money.

3  Thank Kurt5280
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The tour is very informative. You'll learn some history and hear some great ghost stories, all riding in a hearse with no top! If its cold I suggest bundling up and wearing a scarf on your face! $15 and youI dont have to walk! Pegleg ron is funny and a great guide. He really does have a "pegleg" so you know he has a sense of humor (and a great laugh!). Take lots of pics and examine them later, never know what you're going to get!! We got tons of orbs, a full bodied apparition at the old hospital (a woman leaning on the rail in a white antebellum dress w black buttons you can see it plain as day, we think its a nurse) and a full bodied PIRATE In the pirate house. Craziest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of crazy things.

1  Thank PeacockMama
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Even though it was freezing once the tour got started I forgot about being cold. I do not recall our guides name but she was amazing and very accommodating. This being our first trip to Savannah we had no idea where to go so we called and they ask where we was and they would come to us....and they did. This tour is not like going to a haunted house...the information given to us was REAL history and that I LOVED!!! Our guide was very personable and knowledgeable. She was totally spot on when she told us what part of the building people had seen activity. She stopped midways thru and took pictures of us. I went on a tour in Gatlinburg last year and I left there very disappointed and felt ripped off but after this tour I couldn't wait to get back to the Inn and watch the videos our guide told us about. Being a huge fan of The Real Housewives of Atlanta finding out that the hearse we rode in was the same one they rode in was just the icing on the cake for me. Thank you Hearse Ghost Tours for making my first trip to Savannah an amazing one and I can't wait to do it again!!!! ;-)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had Dawn, she was awesome; born and raised in Savannah, she knew a lot about the city and it`s "stories." However, was very uncomfortable seating for eight people. I would still do it again if ever back in the city. I had not heard of the book that talks about the murder here, but have ordered it!!

Nancy