“Really fun”

Ranked #45 of 154 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a ride in a real Hearse and see the beautiful historic homes. We tell you stories about Savannah's Ghost's while showing you our remarkable Historic District. Tours are 75 minutes long and their are only eight people per tour! This tour is only $17.00 for Adults and $10 for Children call or email us for reservations. We tour every day of the year!! Private tours are available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 24, 2013

As the weather was nice we decided to give the Hearse Ghost Tour a try. We called at the last minute on the off chance they could fit us in and they had a car at our hotel in less than 15 minutes! Our guide was Lewis and he a blast and very knowledgeable about the city and it's stories.

1  Thank BoCRon
Write a ReviewReviews (1,576)
All reviews
"great stories"
in 32 reviews
"fun experience"
in 16 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 27 reviews
in 29 reviews
"blast"
in 100 reviews

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My group and I just had to do the hearse tours. We found it pretty hysterical riding around in a hearse, and had planned to get pretty scared. It was just funny, and not very interesting. I am guessing it depends on the driver you get. She just left me wanting more. . .

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Ok, how cool is it to say you rode around in a hearse taking a ghost tour of Savannah? Well, maybe not that cool but interesting to say the least. Our hearse driver was John and he picked us up in a 1984 Cadillac hearse that carried 2,000 people to their final resting place before toting live bodies around. When I called to make the reservation I was told the ticket was $15 pp plus tips (preferably cash). Ok, no big deal. We were picked up at the intersection where the Holiday Inn Express is downtown. Up a unstable pop out ladder I went into the back of the hearse and off we went. John informed us to take pictures when we could as the historic district was pretty strict that they were not to stop anywhere. The hearse mostly just drove around town talking about the places as we passed by not even really making sure to point out what we were supposed to be looking at. After driving around town (bouncing around and swaying around in the noisy chairs) we were taken out to Bonaventure cemetary (that was closed) only to drive by the main entrance. John tried his best to scare us and succeeded in the sort of way that left you laughing but wondering "did he really just do that?" We saw another hearse driver, a woman with face paint on and I must admit then I felt a little ripped off as far as my hearse driver was concerned. John stated that we probably saw her and mentioned it was "too hot" to be in costume. Well, it was 10:30 at night and only in the 70's. We didn't get out of the hearse at all, just drive around taking a bunch of pictures in the dark while listening to John tell stories of the area. Overall, it was ok. Will I do it again? No.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was initially super stoked about the idea of a tour in a hearse around Savannah. Most of our time was spent standing inside the Pirate House hearing about the many encounters there. I felt like more time should have been spent driving around Savannah as the guide boasted that 85% if Savannah was haunted. Would I do it again? Probably...how many times can you say you took a tour in a hearse?

1  Thank juliebulie126