“Run of the Mill”

Ranked #42 of 153 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a ride in a real Hearse and see the beautiful historic homes. We tell you stories about Savannah's Ghost's while showing you our remarkable Historic District. Tours are 75 minutes long and their are only eight people per tour! This tour is only $17.00 for Adults and $10 for Children call or email us for reservations. We tour every day of the year!! Private tours are available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Take it with a grain of salt that I've been to Savannah a number of times and taken some sort of ghost tour each time. This was neither the best nor the worst, but also the first non-walking tour which might change my perception. Overall not bad, though the tour guide seemed a little creepy.

1  Thank Bigfish758
Write a ReviewReviews (1,567)
All reviews
"great stories"
in 32 reviews
"fun experience"
in 16 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 27 reviews
in 29 reviews
"blast"
in 100 reviews

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Would have been great with a different driver. He was horrible. Sounds like we had the same driver from the review posted on Sept 11. The guy really only told 3 ghost stories. He actually drove us by a house and said that place is so haunted I can't even tell you the stories that came out of there? How can you not tell stories when we are paying for you too? He too told us about his wife the actress and how they both were musicians. He had no idea of the history of Savannah. With every story he would just say how we hate the British. The other 3 in our group were just as upset as my group. We were back 20 minutes early. Our doorman at the Marshall House said he knew it was gonna be bad when the guy pulled up to get us. Said he just paced around talking gibberish. Which is what we had all during the tour!! We seriously thought he was either crazy or strung out on something. A waste of time and money!!

6  Thank Alefev01
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The Hearse tour was a great value, good fun way to see historic Savannah. We had 'Scary Sherri' as our guide, and she was really good fun and knowledgeable. The tour is a bit cheesy, and not at all scary (unless you're staying in one of the hotels we learnt about on the tour), but we had a great time. An interesting way to learn a bit more about the history of Savannah, i'd recommend it to visitors.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Like most of the other reviews, My husband and I had a great time and felt it was a terrific value. $15.00 per person for an ninety minute tour of Historic Savannah! No question as to whether or not we would recommend it, absolutely we would! We were only in Savannah for two days and this was a fabulous and very entertaining way to get the lowdown on much of the city's unsavory but interesting past. We were lucky enough to have "Dawn of the Dead" as our guide. She was very informative, professional and funny! I think she missed her calling to be in the theater!
On the other side of the coin, it is a pretty cramped area. There are eight elevated contour type seats neatly and creatively arranged (The top of the hearse has been removed) in a space meant to carry one passenger inside their forever bed. I wear a size 14 and if I had not been sitting in the back, I think I would have been squishing the other passengers, also it may be a problem for those with claustrophobia and as others have stated, it is a bit precarious getting in and out using the little step that is provided. One other somewhat negative comment, we sat in the back and were in the converted 30+ year old Lincoln and there was a lot of exhaust fumes emanating into our space. My husband and I both had a whopper of a headache when we were done.

2  Thank Lknueven