“Horrible driver”

Ranked #23 of 145 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a ride in a real Hearse and see the beautiful historic homes. We tell you stories about Savannah's Ghost's while showing you our remarkable Historic District. Tours are 75 minutes long and their are only eight people per tour! This tour is only $17.00 for Adults and $10 for Children call or email us for reservations. We tour every day of the year!! Private tours are available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Horrible driver”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Would have been great with a different driver. He was horrible. Sounds like we had the same driver from the review posted on Sept 11. The guy really only told 3 ghost stories. He actually drove us by a house and said that place is so haunted I can't even tell you the stories that came out of there? How can you not tell stories when we are paying for you too? He too told us about his wife the actress and how they both were musicians. He had no idea of the history of Savannah. With every story he would just say how we hate the British. The other 3 in our group were just as upset as my group. We were back 20 minutes early. Our doorman at the Marshall House said he knew it was gonna be bad when the guy pulled up to get us. Said he just paced around talking gibberish. Which is what we had all during the tour!! We seriously thought he was either crazy or strung out on something. A waste of time and money!!

6 Thank Alefev01

Melbourne, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Good fun tour of historic Savannah”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The Hearse tour was a great value, good fun way to see historic Savannah. We had 'Scary Sherri' as our guide, and she was really good fun and knowledgeable. The tour is a bit cheesy, and not at all scary (unless you're staying in one of the hotels we learnt about on the tour), but we had a great time. An interesting way to learn a bit more about the history of Savannah, i'd recommend it to visitors.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What fun!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Like most of the other reviews, My husband and I had a great time and felt it was a terrific value. $15.00 per person for an ninety minute tour of Historic Savannah! No question as to whether or not we would recommend it, absolutely we would! We were only in Savannah for two days and this was a fabulous and very entertaining way to get the lowdown on much of the city's unsavory but interesting past. We were lucky enough to have "Dawn of the Dead" as our guide. She was very informative, professional and funny! I think she missed her calling to be in the theater!
On the other side of the coin, it is a pretty cramped area. There are eight elevated contour type seats neatly and creatively arranged (The top of the hearse has been removed) in a space meant to carry one passenger inside their forever bed. I wear a size 14 and if I had not been sitting in the back, I think I would have been squishing the other passengers, also it may be a problem for those with claustrophobia and as others have stated, it is a bit precarious getting in and out using the little step that is provided. One other somewhat negative comment, we sat in the back and were in the converted 30+ year old Lincoln and there was a lot of exhaust fumes emanating into our space. My husband and I both had a whopper of a headache when we were done.

2 Thank Lknueven
Philadelphia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not worth your time”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We felt like this tour was a waste of time and money. The hearse seating was uncomfortable (I guess that's no surprise!). The guide was friendly but there were no interesting anecdotes; just comments like, "Someone died and there is a ghost living here now" over and over." We learned nothing and couldn't wait for it to end.

2 Thank joycejanet
“Awesome adventure”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I are on our one year anniversary, and decided to come to Savannah (something she has been wanting to do for quite some time) Being new to Savannah - We asked many people of what to do. Everyone told us we NEEDED to take the Hearse Tour and we are sooo glad we listened! Our driver "Dawn of the Dead" was hilarious, fun and very informative. Don't know if that was her "real voice" or not, BUT the grauvelly rasp of it added to the excitement. Many of the places she pointed out will be investigated further in person and by reading. Dawn, hats off to you