“Request Dawn of the Dead”
Review of Hearse Ghost Tours

Hearse Ghost Tours
Ranked #23 of 141 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a ride in a real Hearse and see the beautiful historic homes. We tell you stories about Savannah's Ghost's while showing you our remarkable Historic District. Tours are 75 minutes long and their are only eight people per tour! This tour is only $17.00 for Adults and $10 for Children call or email us for reservations. We tour every day of the year!! Private tours are available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Request Dawn of the Dead”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just took the tour with Dawn of the Dead. Very interesting history and sights along the way. Dawn is very knowledgable and is a lot of fun. Highly recommend her and the tour for a little spooky history.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Angela_L68514

Atlanta, Georgia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Not bad but not great”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had Scary Sherry and she was great. She was a lot of fun. There were a couple other tour guides that were around and they had a really bad attitude (one guy was older with white hair and the other girl was middle age I think with long wavy hair). I loved the history we learned however.... as far as ghosts, it just wasn't as exciting as we thought it would be. She did point out a lot of haunted places and we heard cool stories, we even stopped and got drinks which was awesome! It just wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

1 Thank pink839
Saint Marys, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dawn of the Dead was fantastic”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have repeatedly used Dawn of the Dead as my hearse tour guide. We are coming back again bringing some more friends who have never experienced Savannah this weekend. I look forward to once again riding with Dawn & know she will continue to bring new info (which is great for someone who has ridden multiple times). The hearse tours have been on time each of the 5 times I have ridden and have always been worth the $15! I highly recommend doing one while you are in Savannah!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank shouldaknown
Madison, Wisconsin
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Hard to Understand”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The idea of this was unique and funky. They are very personable and will pick you up at your hotel/B&B.
It was interesting to hear the history of the "haunts of Savannah".
My disappointment was only that I could not easily understand our driver all the time so felt like I missed much of what he said.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“We almost fell asleep”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This tour was so horrible that my daughter and I almost fell asleep. We probably should have known better when the driver stated he was new and had only done a few tours. We saw him in the drivers seat trying to read off papers on the history of the homes, drive without hitting anyone, and answer text messages all at the same time. He was not into the tour at all. We basically drove around the same area in circles for an hour as he stuttered through really bad stories that he didn't even try to make interesting and he had no sense of humor. We also didn't visit The Pirate House which was pretty disappointing. Out tour guide was definitely in the wrong business. It makes me wonder if this company is more concerned about giving their customers quality tours or just making the most money possible. I can't imagine why they hired this guy and if they even trained him?? I didn't do my research prior to taking this tour, it was a last minute decision. I suggest that if you do this tour, find somebody that had a good tour guide and ask for that person. But I wouldn't suggest taking this tour. It's really too bad that a company would even send somebody like this to take people on a tour.

2 Thank Luv2trvl41