“Not bad but not great”

Ranked #22 of 147 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a ride in a real Hearse and see the beautiful historic homes. We tell you stories about Savannah's Ghost's while showing you our remarkable Historic District. Tours are 75 minutes long and their are only eight people per tour! This tour is only $17.00 for Adults and $10 for Children call or email us for reservations. We tour every day of the year!! Private tours are available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had Scary Sherry and she was great. She was a lot of fun. There were a couple other tour guides that were around and they had a really bad attitude (one guy was older with white hair and the other girl was middle age I think with long wavy hair). I loved the history we learned however.... as far as ghosts, it just wasn't as exciting as we thought it would be. She did point out a lot of haunted places and we heard cool stories, we even stopped and got drinks which was awesome! It just wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

1  Thank pink839
Write a ReviewReviews (1,526)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have repeatedly used Dawn of the Dead as my hearse tour guide. We are coming back again bringing some more friends who have never experienced Savannah this weekend. I look forward to once again riding with Dawn & know she will continue to bring new info (which is great for someone who has ridden multiple times). The hearse tours have been on time each of the 5 times I have ridden and have always been worth the $15! I highly recommend doing one while you are in Savannah!

1  Thank shouldaknown
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The idea of this was unique and funky. They are very personable and will pick you up at your hotel/B&B.
It was interesting to hear the history of the "haunts of Savannah".
My disappointment was only that I could not easily understand our driver all the time so felt like I missed much of what he said.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This tour was so horrible that my daughter and I almost fell asleep. We probably should have known better when the driver stated he was new and had only done a few tours. We saw him in the drivers seat trying to read off papers on the history of the homes, drive without hitting anyone, and answer text messages all at the same time. He was not into the tour at all. We basically drove around the same area in circles for an hour as he stuttered through really bad stories that he didn't even try to make interesting and he had no sense of humor. We also didn't visit The Pirate House which was pretty disappointing. Out tour guide was definitely in the wrong business. It makes me wonder if this company is more concerned about giving their customers quality tours or just making the most money possible. I can't imagine why they hired this guy and if they even trained him?? I didn't do my research prior to taking this tour, it was a last minute decision. I suggest that if you do this tour, find somebody that had a good tour guide and ask for that person. But I wouldn't suggest taking this tour. It's really too bad that a company would even send somebody like this to take people on a tour.

2  Thank Luv2trvl41
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I am very sorry to say that our experience with the Hearse Ghost Tour was extremely disappointing. There were four in our group, and we were paired up with four people whom we didn't know. The modified Hearse has eight seats bolted to the floor in the back of the hearse with the roof cut out and raised. The driver/tour guide speaks to you through a rigged up microphone / speaker setup. The driver was almost unintelligible, seeming as if she was eating the mic or the speaker was overdriven. We were seated in the very rear of he hearse, and when the vehicle stopped, the fumes were so bad that you could hardly breathe. At one stop we sat for so long with the vehicle running and the fumes coming up, that we felt like jumping ship right then. The four other people who were on the tour with us appeared to have drank to much before (and during) the tour and they took over the tour from the driver. The vast majority of the dialogue came from this group or was a personal conversation between the driver and that group about all of their favorite movies. While the driver/tour guide could not have know in advance what was to be, she should have been more considerate of the group as a whole and she should have managed the situation better, not feeding into it. I cannot possibly recommend this tour to anyone, especially anyone with children under the age of 18.

2  Thank ddonatto