“Fun, interesting tour”

Ranked #20 of 151 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a ride in a real Hearse and see the beautiful historic homes. We tell you stories about Savannah's Ghost's while showing you our remarkable Historic District. Tours are 75 minutes long and their are only eight people per tour! This tour is only $17.00 for Adults and $10 for Children call or email us for reservations. We tour every day of the year!! Private tours are available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Had a great time! Learned a lot about the haunted buildings in the city and heard some great stories. Sara was a great driver and guide!

1  Thank nikki44881
Write a ReviewReviews (1,538)
All reviews
"savannah history"
in 32 reviews
"well worth the money"
in 18 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 25 reviews
in 98 reviews
"betty"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed June 10, 2011

Went to Savannah for a Bachelorette Party and had to put the Hearse Tour on the agenda. We all had a blast. Lunatic Laura was hiliarious and made our tour extra special. This was my second tour with the Hearse Ghost Tour group. I think the tour will be a tradition for all of my future Savannah trips.

1  Thank 01vthokies04
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We decided to take the later tour, at 10:45, since we thought it would be appropriate for it to be dark for a ghost tour in a hearse. But, there really isn't anything to see at night and there's nothing scary about the tour, so you actually miss out on seeing a lot. Take the earlier 7:30 tour and you'll actually be able to see the city and the various squares as you drive by.

The ghost stories were mediocre, actually quite poor, but you do learn a lot about Savannah and its history and you're riding around in a hearse. That was amusing, but the seats are small boat (think dinghy) plastic seats and they're not very comfortable.

Overall for the price it's not a bad tour option. Like mentioned, we'd recommend taking the 7:30 tour and you should probably have a few drinks before you embark and should keep you entertained for a bit.

1  Thank Mike_from_Austin
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This is the best tour to take! Our guide Laura was the best! She has everything it takes to be a guide. She knew the history, the area, and was very funny at the same time! It cost 15 bucks but we gave her 40 for the two of us because she was sooo good! I would take this tour with her again in a second! Keep up the great work Laura, you are AWESOME!

1  Thank smackemt
See more reviews
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My girlfriends and I went on a hearse ghost tour this past weekend. I must say I was a little nervous because I don't really like scary things but it was more interesting than scary. It was a great way to see the city and learn the history. And you can bring any type of beverage on the tour too which always makes things more fun! We also had an awesome tour guide. His name is Wes and I recommend that if you can, try to go on one of his tours. He was very knowledgeable and funny! What I was kind of dreading ended up being my favorite part of our trip!

1  Thank AGanshaw