“Loved the hotel, loved the staff!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #54 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We are on business here in Savannah for several weeks and our company selected this hotel for us. We could not have chosen a better place. From the friendly people to the very clean hotel. I would like to give special kudo's to Ms. Cindy who puts out our breakfast every morning. She does a wonderful job with a smiling face so early in the morning. Thanks Cindy! Also a big Thank you to the front desk staff and the cleaning staff, always giving a welcome and doing a wonderful job with a smile.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Savannah area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 28, 2011

We at first Class Tours of Winston Salem was so pleased and comfortable to be at this hotel. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate our group after we had a terrible mixup at the Days Inn. The hotel was extremely clean, staff very curteous and I highly recommend this to the many tour and travel groups comong in to visit Savanah Ga.

Room Tip: We rented 16 rooms and all rooms were great. First floor is great because you can be close to the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My sister and I checked in after a flight and had a great nights sleep. We left and stayed downtown Savannah for a couple of nights then we stayed 3 more nights at this hotel. From the friendly smiling faces at the front desk, to the bend over backwards service, we can honestly say that we highly recommend this hotel. Best one we stayed in on this 10 day trip. Like most hotels, the internet was slow but that would be the only down side.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HappyTraveller1900
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We checked in after a week vacation. We were flying out early the next morning so the shutlle was convenient. When we got to our room, the bedspread was not pulled down completely. This in itself wasn't a big deal, but it made you wonder if they finished the room. They were very apologetic and got us another room quickly. It seemed fine at first glance. I went downstairs and started washing clothes. When I got back upstairs, my 2 teenager daughters were completely grossed out and wanted to leave. There were "hairs" on the shower wall, and something nasty on the toilet. Normally I would have complained to Mgmt, but I did not. I didn't want to change rooms again-2 bad rooms, I didn't trust housekeeping at this point. We were too tired, had clothes in the washer, about to turn in our rental car, we had a ton of luggage 7 stuff to pack- just way too much to just leave the hotel. Before we turned in our car I went to Walmart, bought cleaner and cleaned it myself. I know I should have told them, I'm not usually quiet about things like that. Comforts are usually very nice & clean, but I would not recommend this one at all. I will say, aside from that the staff was very nice & polite. The internet was as slow as dial up.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Worst treatment I have ever had at a hotel. We have traveled 200 days+ a year for business and no hotel has ever done this to us- here's what happened.

Our band played a show in Savannah on March 12th. We had a reservation booked a month in advance with a note on the reservation saying we would get in late. Choice Hotel rooms are reserved for check in until 7AM the next day- it says so in every contract you sign when you reserve a room. When we got to the hotel at 4am (it was an hour later than usual due to losing an hour to Daylight Savings) they had sold our rooms to other people, and then made us book more expensive rooms to replace ours ($100 more). They didn't honor the contract from the hotel, and the next morning when I tried to get them to fix it they were extremely rude.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tourtourtour81
comfortsav, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Dear Band Members,
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please accept our upmost apology for having inconvenienced your group. We take every comment very seriously and use them as a tool for improvement. I have reviewed the events of this most unfortunate evening, and issued a credit that should be seen on your next credit card statement. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. We wish you much success with your tour and hope to see you back in Savannah real soon.
Warm Regards
Teresa Conn

Reviewed January 12, 2011

Belinda, the sales manager, understood the needs of our five-room group; she made arrangements that were perfect for the occupants of each room. The rooms were comfortable and attractive. The front desk staff was friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Thouogh there was an error in billing, the error was corrected, and the refund was made quickly without complications.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Guest986753421
comfortsav, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2011

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We were honored to have your group in our hotel. We look forward to serving you again here at Comfort Inn & Suites. "Your comfort and convenience is our top priority!"

Reviewed January 5, 2011

Wonderful hotel room - very comfortable bed.

The front desk staff were friendly as were the shuttle bus drivers. They each thanked us for staying at the hotel and make us feel welcome.

Sorry we could not have stayed longer.

We stayed at Hilton Head and used your hotel for the last night of our stay. We used the day to tour Savannah on one of the local bus tours - truly a beautiful city.
I have stayed in numerous hotel chains and you have the best Comfort Suites ever!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple