“Different Is Good! WOW!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
San's Boutique Hotel
Ranked #98 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Atlanta, Georgia
“Different Is Good! WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2006

Living only 4 hours from Savannah, sometimes I take last-minute long weekends there to enjoy everything it has to offer. I've rented out old homes in the Historic District, stayed in Hotels downtown, as well as Hotels in the Midtown area. When you book late though, there is not much choice. As I searched I came across this new hotel, San's Boutique. I was confused with the name and figured it wasn't a chain, but I knew it was located in the "Gateway" area of Savannah that has plenty of known chain hotels. After doing more research, I found some pictures and was thinking this has to be too good to be true. The interior and rooms were original and seemed to be well-planned. Wow, big glass showers instead of some tiny, moldy tub? I figure it's worth a try and I am soooooooooo glad I booked this place. After Mapquest having the hotel in the wrong location, I found this very normal looking hotel right off I-95. I'll warn you, to the Historical District it's a solid 15 minute drive, but it's all highway and very easy to get to. I ready many of these reviews on here and people seem so uptight sometimes and complain if they find an eyelash somewhere in the room. Well, I'm a pretty laid back person, but very honest about what I observe. The pictures of the lobby are just like what you see in the photos. The girl working the desk was polite and answered all my questions. It is certainly not a chain hotel and has it's own sense of style. We were on the second floor and were blown away when we opened the door and saw a LCD TV on this very stylish and modern looking dresser, a suede chair with ottoman, fridge and microwave, an electronic thermostat on the wall, and probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in at a hotel. The bedding was upscale, as well as the headboard. Then walking in the bathroom and seeing the very large walk-in shower with a bench inside. You have to be kidding me! If they put this place in the Historic District, they could have gotten away with charging $200/night easy. Believe me, some of the high priced hotels down there are garbage compared to this. With all there is to see in Savannah, I was perfectly content spending some extra time relaxing in the room. I only checked out the free breakfast one morning, but it was like any other you'll find. Overall, I will definitely be back and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Don't let the name confuse you or throw you off, this is a great place to stay and all of it for a reasonable $80/night on a weekend.

• Liked — New, original, clean, every aspect an upgrade over normal hotels.
  • Disliked — Not one complaint.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't be afraid to book this place because of the name.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank OSUBucks77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)