“Room was decent, but they lied and tried to con me!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
San's Boutique Hotel
Ranked #98 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Park Ridge
“Room was decent, but they lied and tried to con me!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel this past Friday night, April 12, 2013. I had a travel coupon book and the rate was decent, plus, the hotel looked nice. I arrived around 10 PM and there was no one at the front desk, so I rang a bell and a lady came out. She told me there were no more rooms at the coupon rate, which surprised me as the parking lot did not have many cars in it. But, I guess they do have the right to limit the number of rooms they offer at a reduced rate. Then, she told me all they had left were suites at a rate of $139 a night. The coupon rate was for $69. I told her that was too much and she then lowered the rate to $119. Then, I told her I would go somewhere else and she gave me a rate of $89, which I took because I was tired.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. But, you could hear noise from the hallway and the room above. The next morning, I went to the breakfast room and was disappointed. It was a very skimpy buffet. Nothing hot and just small muffins, cereal and coffee. You get better breakfast's at lower priced hotels. While I was having breakfast, a couple of other people were complaining that their coupons were not honored either, and, one of them mentioned they checked in at 4 PM. Not only that, they too were told the only rooms available were suites, at a much higher rate. We then realized there were not many people around, and, the parking lot only had a few cars in it. So, one of the ladies waked outside and then came back in pretending to want to book a room for the same day. At 8 in the morning, she was told regular rooms were available, right then and there. She then said she would need four rooms and was told that was not a problem, they had four regular rooms available. We then questioned why we were told there were no regular rooms available the previous night, yet at least four rooms were available (as they do not clean them that early.) The man behind the counter simply shrugged his shoulder and could not give us an answer. Obviously, the lady who worked at night only wanted to sell out the suites at a higher rate.

I do not like this type of dishonesty and would never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank bnj1225

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had the opportunity to visit Savannah recently, but had no idea where to stay. I had been warned that some of hotels in the outlying areas were poor choices, so chose an area where I could spend a reasonable amount on a room but still felt comfortable. This is exactly what I got at the Sans Boutique and Hotel. It was clean, quiet, and in the same area with several other "name" hotels. It was not a four-star, but overall the experience fit my needs. One unfortunate experience, the last morning I was there, I arrived in the lobby at 7:30 to find that the breakfast area was dark, and the included continental breakfast was not set-up. I went to the front desk to check-out and when I rang the bell the "on-site manager?" appeared to be just waking up. All-in-all it was worth the $49.00 USD price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tj j
Daytona Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

From a distance everything looked good, and the price was nice, $44.00. But I should have looked closer. Dirty floors, dirty shower , dirty toilet. And if you are going to decorate in black in the bathroom you need to know how to clean the water spots. No bath tub and the towels you can read thru.

• Stayed November 2012
St. Augustine, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Booked two suites at this hotel for 20/10/2012
On arrival we found the accomodation unclean in as much as the bed linen was dirty,food found in one fridge which obviously had not been cleaned, the shower cabinets in both suites were covered in mould and the general appearance of both suites was dirty with the paintwork badly marked. In addition the front of the air condition unit in one suite was hanging off with electric wires dangerously exposed. To make matters worse, the staff were very unpleasant when I refused the accomodation.

Room Tip: I doubt if there is a good one. Save yourself a heartbreak .several other accommodation providers i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Al P
Fort Pierce, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Lots of vacancies in town that night at 9pm. Other hotels recommended were either smoking or at a distance, San's was neither. This was our first visit and based on the one night experience we'd stay again. We noted that there were several patrol cars in the guest area parking and several commercial vehicles also, no bar at the hotel. San's was neighbored by Ruby Tuesday and Applebee's (10% discount), one hotel with a patio bar several blocks away on 'motel row' and a Denny's at a short but grassy walk of several blocks. The other hotels next door were the 'corporate suites' such as Holiday Inn express, Wyndmere, and Clarion. We were not happy with the lack of sidewalks along Gateway Boulevard East, especially owing to the presence of inebriated restarant and bar patrons along the route. San's was at a distance from the revelers, and did have a sidewalk connection to its neighboring restaraunts and other inns. After reading some other reviews, we'd like to add that our room on second floor was clean and fresh, air was cold, and the overall environment was peaceful. Only two drawbacks were that our room clock and lights were unplugged (not rocket science to set that right) and the TV was a bit confusing (even to a rocket scientist). Very pleasant, and obviously family-run inn. The managers were accessable and took our feedback graciously.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I and my family book the following for a weekend stay. The weekend of June 8 which was our anniversary. Check in was without problem. But the elevator opening to the floor we stay on which was the third was very dirty. The carpet directly in front of the elevator was the same. The rooms were small and the shower wasn't the cleaness. Also, the air didn't work well. My Son was disappointed that there was not a pool of which the internet pictures show that there is one. I don't think we will use this hotel again. Wasn't very impress.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com