“We Need More Kathleen's”

Justine Inn Savannah
Ranked #7 of 29 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 11, 2014

From the moment of Kathleen's effusive welcome we felt so much at home. Her Inn is a true delight - spotless and so full of character. The reviews we had read before our stay were so accurate!
We certainly enjoyed the magnificent, thought out breakfasts and our conversations with the other guests. This all made for a relaxed atmosphere. All breakfasts were lovely but our favourite was the mouthwatering soufflé.
The location of this Inn is in a most delightful, beautiful and peaceful part of the Historic District of Savannah but near enough to allow us to access the main parts of the town by foot, leaving the car in the car park. Kathleen's local knowledge allowed us to dine at a really good restaurant which we would have found difficult to locate without this help.
If you want a change from characterless, clinical hotels, the Old Savannah Inn is the most perfect solution.
Please continue your magnificent hard work, Kathleen - it is so appreciated.
Our four night stay is unforgettable. Margaret and Jeff. England.

Room Tip: Each has its own character, so all are recommended.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed in the room called Versaille Court for one
night at the end of February. We definitely haven't seen anything like that room before. The four
poster bed had a canopy, it was huge and very romantic. Even more impressive was the bathroom, there were 2 bathtubs and one jacuzzi with colums around. It was spacious, bright, beautifully decorated and just wonderful. Unfortunately we cannot comment on the breakfast because we had to leave very early in order to catch our flight. The owner, Kathleen, was very friendly. We can highly recommend staying at the Olde Savannah Inn!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The Olde Savannah Inn is a charming Bed and Breakfast with great amenities. The candlelight breakfast is definitely worth talking about. Prepared by the owner Kathleen Dupuis, the breakfast excels at presentation and tastiness. The rooms are clean and tidy and adorned with antiques and beautiful lighting fixtures all reminiscent of the grand days of Savannah. My husband and I enjoyed our stay very much and hope to go back again sometime.

Room Tip: The three rooms on the garden level require no stairs. Breakfast is served on the main floor which...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I can't say enough about our visit to the Olde Savannah Inn! Kathleen was the perfect innkeeper, very courteous, prompt, and attentive. Breakfast was a thing to behold from this Bostonian woman who now resides in a Southern town! Our room was elegant and had every appointment expected. We even decided to stay an extra night at the last minute, and were so lucky that our room, The Renaissance Room wasn't already booked for that night. We will definitely return to this B&B when we visit Savannah again.

Room Tip: There wasn't a swimming pool, but didn't have an N/A option. Also not a fitness center, but...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

You arrived last Friday evening and I knew we were in for an amazing stay. Thank you so much for helping me as I was returning back to the inn from Sam's Club with all the boxes You jumped right in as the gentleman you are. Your mom raised you right. Cricket, You are a ball of fire and nobody would ever guess you are a mom of 3 teenagers as you look like you are both in your twenties. Such a treat sitting with you and the other guests sipping on wine in the parlor and enjoying some laughs. I never stop working but that night was so much fun. When you texted me and requested an additional night, I was so excited...I loved having you and Shawn at the house. As I told you, I hate when my inn is empty. My guests make this a home. I miss my family and friends up North so when my guests come, it is such a treat to have company. Mr. Cooper makes for a wonderful Inn dog. He is such a love bug and so adorable. He makes your stay for sure. If you want luxury and elegance with attention to detail, but with a big hug at the door, this is home. We are honored to have met you and thank you for posting this review after just arriving home. If I didn't do this work, I wouldn't have never met you. These are the bonuses. Someday, this will all end, and it will be sad saying goodbye to all of you that have touched my heart and will always forever remain with me . See you soon, Hugs, Kathleen. Your friend and Innkeeper.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Olde Savannah Inn for a couple of nights for our "Baby"moon. Kathleen was extremely hospitable, as she went out of her way to make cookies for my pregnant wife. Kathleen's breakfasts were absolutely delicious...seriously 5 star restaurant quality. If she weren't an innkeeper, I truly believe that Kathleen could be a chef at a top notch restaurant. We stayed in the Bon Viant room, in which the bed was extremely comfortable. The room was very cozy and the French doors opened onto a very nice private terrace out back. Would highly recommend anyone to stay here, and we would go back in a heartbeat! Submitted by Scott

Room Tip: Top-notch bed and breakfast! Would stay there again without a doubt!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stumbled upon The Olde Savannah Inn on a website and from the moment I first saw the Inn, I felt like this was the place to stay. After reading all the wonderful reviews and the inn keepers Bio I felt like I already knew Kathleen. My boyfriend and I wanted to take a trip down to Savannah and stay the night and so we did. This was our first bed and breakfast experience and a wonderful one to say the least. It was really exciting. The house is beautiful. Kathleen greeted us with open arms. After we unpacked she offered us a glass of wine and got to know us. She's a very nice lady. Unfortunately, we were only able to stay one night due to our work schedules but will DEFINITELY be returning to the inn, in the summer.

We stayed in the Provence room and it couldn't be more perfect. The fireplace was a wonderful touch. The shower was amazing. It was a beautiful newly renovated step in shower.

The breakfast Kathleen prepared for us was delicious. She made us a roasted tomato and goat cheese omelette. With all the trimmings and delicious fresh coffee from a French press. The dining area was very elegant. The tables were set beautifully with nice china and fresh flowers. Her beagle mr. Cooper is cute, you'll see him hanging out in the sitting room.

The Inn is very clean, Kathleen spends a lot of time preparing and making sure every stay is a pleasant one for her guests. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks again Kathleen ! We'll see you soon.
Love Samantha & Gregory.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

my girlfriend and I spent the night in the Provence room. it was everything we could have asked for, the fireplace in the room made it even more romantic. Kathleen thank you so much for your hospitality, we will definitely go back to your place when we visit savannah. take care

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple