“Fantastic experience”

Justine Inn Savannah
Ranked #6 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Olde Savannah Inn is stellar! Kathleen is so warm and welcoming and genuinely cares that you are there. We spent time talking and getting to know each other, even trading restaurant leftovers for a homemade piece of pie. She is genuinely dedicated to making sure each person has a five-star experience. And her sweet beagle Mr. Cooper is so cute. I can't say enough about the food! We stayed two nights and both days, breakfast was delicious and fantastic. We had eggs benedict and belgian waffles - I don't think we could have gotten better breakfast at any restaurant - and the presentation is beautiful. The parlor areas are beautiful and decorated so elegantly.
We stayed in the Provence Room which we loved. The huge travertine tile shower is amazing! And the in-room fireplace was beautiful, romantic and extemely useful since the temps were in the 30s outside! The room was kept warm despite the cold temperatures outside and had its own outdoor exit. It's a beautifully decorated room as well.
I also have to mention that Kathleen has knack for attention to detail. The Inn has tons of old southern charm but nothing about it "feels old." It is kept immaculately clean and even the sheets in the rooms are pressed.
The location is great too - only 2 blocks away from Forsyth Park.
I highly recommend this Inn for your stay in Savannah. It cannot be beat. We will definitely be coming back when we visit Savannah again!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you Lindsey for taking the time out of your busy schedule as a nurse who works crazy hours like me. I understand better than anyone how busy life can be. I was so happy you loved visiting the Lady and Son's restaurant and bringing me home some chicken pot pie. Sooooooooooo delicious. I love Paual too...Her peach cobbler is to die for. I actually make it a lot at the inn. So wonderful spending time with you just chit chatting. That is the best part of my job, getting to know my guests. Please come back and see Mr. Cooper and I when and if you return to Savannah. Thank you for taking so many really nice photos of the inn. I am glad you loved The Provence room. It is my most popular room with it's private entrance and overlooking the English gardens. The shower is so awesome with tremendous water pressure. Water pressure can be an issue in these older historic homes but we have never had that problem, especially with that shower. Spring is right around the corner, enjoy the warmer weather and I hope we all have a wonderful 2014. It is about time. Come back and see us. Mr. Cooper and I will be waiting for your return visit. Hugs, Your Savannah host and hostess, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper

Write a ReviewReviews (1,460)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast and we could not have been more pleased. Everything from the room to the breakfast has an attention to detail and luxury. It had the charm of a historic Savannah home with the amenities and service of a five star hotel. Kathleen does an amazing job making the place feel like home. The gourmet breakfast alone is reason enough to stay here. We will definitely be coming back to the Olde Savannah Inn when we visit Savannah again.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Can't say enough good things about this bed & breakfast! The room was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The breakfasts were amazing to say the least, and we loved waking up to the smell of the food and the sound of the big band music playing from upstairs! The resident dog Mr. Cooper is a delight, and made the inn just that much more like home! Kathleen is a wonderful hostess and we cannot wait to visit again the next time we go to Savannah!

Room Tip: The Bellvue room offers a dark cozy feel, great for a good nights sleep and sleeping in!
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The Old Savannah Inn is considered to be a bed & breakfast but during our stay we found that it is so much more. We discovered the most historically charming home, surrounded by all the luxuries a 5 star establishment could offer. Then, as if we weren’t astounded enough already, the warmth of Kathleen surpassed all previous expectations of southern hospitality. Her passion and knowledge of Savannah exceeds expectations but her expertise as a hostess is unparalleled.
When you stay at the old Savannah Inn, which we couldn’t recommend more, you can expect the comfort of home and the luxuries of royalty. The bed was so comfortable that the only reason anyone would ever leave it in the morning would be to experience Kathleen’s, prepared from scratch, breakfasts. I have personally had to rethink my outlook on breakfast after indulging in our first meal there. The pancakes were crisp on the outside and moist on the inside where blueberry treasures exploded with flavor. The homemade whipped crème that began to melt across this culinary feat was the perfect touch that escalated the dish from a meal to an unforgettable experience. Then receiving fresh coffee, sausage, bacon, and exotic juice on top of all of this made the morning start off so well the day couldn’t possibly go wrong.
After returning to our room at the end of the day, we found ourselves socializing over a nice wine in the parlor. When we retired, it felt as if we lived there and when we set to depart, we couldn’t tell if it was home we were going to or leaving from. I hope to find ourselves in Savannah again soon for another taste of how vacations were meant to be experienced. Thank you so very much for our time in your beautiful home Kathleen.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Kathleen is super hospitable, the breakfast meals were tremendous, and the fellowship with the other guests was great! The room was very cozy and we enjoyed every aspect of our trip to Savannah. One of the best Bed and Breakfast locations in Savannah!

Room Tip: Only five rooms at this location and each room is excellent. Reserve early if you want this locatio...
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Kathleen is the quintessential southern hostess. You couldn't be in better hands. The eye is in the details, and trust me, she doesn't miss a thing. I've been to many B&Bs, but this is the first in which I've had french press coffee. Also, she irons the bed sheets--another first at a B&B. She wants to pamper her guests and that she does. It is the perfect place to getaway and relax. Just leave everything to Kathleen. The breakfasts were delicious, as were the cookies that are always available for the guests. Another nice touch was having bottles of wine for sale. The Inn is beautiful and the location is perfect. You can walk to the River in 20 minutes. All the top restaurants are within easy walking distance. I can't say enough about The Olde Savannah Inn. If I ever get back to Savannah, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: The Provence Room has a private entrance.
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights; the rooms are beautiful, the bed comfortable and the breakfasts were awesome. Kathleen has an eye for detail, and Mr Cooper (the resident beagle) is a very expressive delight. Thank you, Kathleen, for a memorable stay!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
kathleen55, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you Michelle and Bill for taking the extra time out of your busy schedules to post for The Olde Savannah Inn. I am honored to have been your Savannah Hostess during your stay in beautiful Savannah. Mr. Cooper certainly has a delightful personality. He loves to play with his guest especially as they are coming to breakfast. I am so glad you loved my breakfast as that is the best time of the day where I can start your day with a gourmet candlelight breakfast with big band music. Doesn't get too much better than that. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Savannah. Hugs from Kathleen and Mr. Cooper. We appreciate your business. May 2014 be the year for prosperity and peace. Take care, Your Savannah Hostess and Host, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper