“Great service, great stay, great innkeeper!”

Justine Inn Savannah
Ranked #5 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Augusta, Georgia
“Great service, great stay, great innkeeper!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I recently spent our Thanksgiving holiday with Kathleen and Mr. Cooper. We could not have asked for a better escape!

When we first arrived, Kathleen greeted us with a warm hug, a glass of wine, and a FANTASTIC slice of banana bread. We had not booked a spot for our Thanksgiving dinner, so Kathleen took it upon herself to call several restaurants to secure a reservation for us. Her final call to the Olde Pink House (a must go while in Savannah) worked. We were so impressed by her willingness to serve us. This is just one example of how she goes above and beyond to take care of her guests. The breakfasts are phenomenal; we couldn't have been more pleased...and full! :) The plush linens are perfect for snuggling up on a chilly November day.

When you're with Kathleen (and Mr. Cooper), you're family! We can't wait to return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had a fantastic two night stay at The Olde Savannah Inn for our 21st Anniversary. This was our first B & B experience as global travelers with very high standards. Kathleen exceeded all of our expectations. The Provence Room is beautiful, elegantly decorated and very comfortable. The fireplace was especially nice with the seasonably cold weather. The breakfast was a gourmet experience...Kathleen's homemade beignets were the best I've had and a welcomed surprise. We enjoyed having a glass of wine in the Inn's elaborate main living room with our Hostess. Kathleen made our stay a very memorable experience. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Kathleen was very welcoming as soon as we stepped through the door as was Mr. Cooper. The food was amazing and plentiful! Kathleen had great knowledge of the area and places to visit. She even set us up on a tour all we had to do was show up. I would have liked a little more privacy in our bathroom area as it and the bed area where pretty much the same room. However it did have the most comfortable bed and pillows ever and a beautiful view of the garden. We will definitely be returning and hope that we get more of Kathleen's French toast and red velvet cake!!

• Stayed November 2013
Hinesburg, Vermont
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I just spent 3 nights at the Olde Savannah Inn with my Mom and had a lovely time. It is a truly beautiful home, very elegant. Personally I enjoyed the innkeepers dog but if you're not a dog person I could imagine that a potential issue. Kathleen is very friendly and outgoing, and clearly works very hard to run her business and please her guests. I don't think this scenario is for everyone since it is very different from being at a hotel. But if you're looking for a B&B, visit the Olde Savannah for a great location, beautiful and elegant decor in the home, delicious breakfasts, and lots of interesting conversation with the inn keeper.

• Stayed November 2013
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The Old Savannah Inn was recommended by a friend when we were trying to find a place to go for our honeymoon. She mentioned the inn and of course Kathleen's wonderful cooking. Upon arriving we were greeted by a very warm and welcoming Kathleen. Troy immediately spotted the chocolate chip cookies. :) Our room was beautiful, clean and inviting. Each day we had a huge breakfast that kept us going as we toured the city. Kathleen was great with suggestions and ideas as to how to spend our days. I can't forget to mention Mr. Cooper. Coming from a house with 3 dogs, I was missing my babies. He made it not so bad. I would absolutely recommend The Old Savannah Inn to anyone staying in Savannah. As a matter of fact I have already picked out our next room to stay in when we visit. :) Thanks Kathleen and Mr. Cooper for a great experience.

Katie and Troy

Weston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We just came back from a trip to Savannah and Charleston, celebrating our anniversary. Our visit to Savannah was just wonderful. We stayed in the best bedroom we had ever been before in a B&B. It had a limestone jacuzzi in an amazing sunny bathroom, all decorated with antiques and very good taste. Perfect for a romantic getaway. A beautiful house in a perfect location, just steps away from Forsyth park.
Breakfast was beautifully presented and Kathleen was very helpful with suggestions for our first time visit. She even had tickets for us for the Trolley bus, so we could just jump on one in any stop.
We are a well travelled couple, originally from Barcelona and we really like visiting historical sites and staying in authentic places, and this for sure is one. We're looking forward to go back again!

Room Tip: The Versailles room has an amazing bathroom.
1 Thank Nina K
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Our first conversation was an introduction to a wonderful rapport. I wish you stayed longer ...I understand, you had to drive back to Charleston. I hope you returned safely to Mass and it isn't too cold. I do miss the snow. I am glad you glad you got a peek at Savannah but you need to come back and see me and Mr. Cooper. Please send people this way so that I can offer them the same experience in the Versailles. This is the most spectacular suite in Savannah. I am glad you loved it and raved about your brief stay. Say hello to Mass for me ...I will be home for Christmas...First break in 10 years. I am going to love it if it snows. I want a white Christmas. I am taking Mr. Cooper with me....Maybe see you soon, Hugs Kathleen
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Five stars are not enough to give to this spectacular B&B! Me and my girlfriend flew in
from London jet lagged and exhausted to find fresh baked cookies, a giant bottle of champagne
and a warm and gracious host. Kathleen made us feel right at home when we came in, with a big hug and her charming Boston accent. Are room was cozy and inviting, with by the way, some of the most beautiful furnishings I had ever seen(we secretly joked that Kathleen might have robbed Buckingham Palace). Next morning I spent a half hour in the walk in sit down shower (most intoxicating shower I have ever had, kudos to the Provence Room) before coming up the stairs to find a three course gourmet breakfast waiting for us. Creme Brulet with homemade whip cream and bacon that was to die for. Kathleen's suggestions on what to see and where to eat were spot on. Elizabeth on 37th, The Pirates House, and The Pink House, just to name a few I would highly recommend. Kathleen is such a down to earth, hearty individual which I love, she tells it like it is which is a rare thing in this world. I would come back here in the blink of and eye. Are only regret was that we could not stay longer. Absolutely beautiful!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We always love a returning guests. We will be getting ready for some travelers for Thanksgiving and the holidays so we will be making and baking all their favorite delights. I am so glad you have always loved The Olde Savannah Inn. We will continue to awe you with all the luxury and elegance that Savannah has to offer. We look forward to your next visit...For late travelers, we always try and make our famous soups to warm them up after a day of traveling and a than nestle into the most comfortable and luxurious bedding ...Wake up to candle light breakfast and big band music ...Let's not forget the French press beckoning you to our sun drenched breakfast room to meet friends you haven't met yet. Once again, thank you for allowing us to serve you and choosing The Olde Savannah Inn.

Hugs,