“Southern charm”

Ranked #5 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Suffolk, Virginia
“Southern charm”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We celebrated my wife's "x" birthday on Labor Day weekend, 2013, at the inn in the Bon Vivant room. We stayed three nights and found the innkeeper, Kathleen to be an excellent gourmet cook. The home is a well appointed and a tastefully decorated "southern" home away from home.
The inn's location offered a pleasant walk to the riverfront and all of the downtown Savannah historic district. If you are looking for a great B & B give this one a try and you will not be disappointed. The Bon Vivant room is decorated in pink and my wife was thrilled with her romantic views through lace curtains into our private garden on ground level in the home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
kathleen55, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for giving me high marks. It was truly lovely meeting your wife and celebrating her birthday with champagne for breakfast. I am glad she loved the ambience of the Bon Viant room as it is one of my favorites. It is the perfect escape from the business of life and it's luscious gardens right outside your French doors. Come back and see us in the future if you ever return to Savannah. Once again. If I don't see you in Savannah, you will see me in Martha's Vineyard and dine in my restaurant in Edgartown, Mass. Blessings, Kathleen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
kellyd
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Me and husband did not know what to expect only having stayed at an inn once before. This inn and Kathleen far surpassed our expectations! She is so warm and friendly and we truly enjoyed just chatting with her at night after a long day sightseeing. She cooks the most AMAZING breakfasts!!! Plus we got the bonus of having cooper the beagle to greet us every day...Rooms are gorgeous, clean and impeccably maintained. Don't put much credence into the negative reviews...the positive ones represent our entire experience with Kathleen. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2013
kathleen55, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Kathleen 's mission is to have all her guests fee like this guests. Return to us with another wonderful review praising The Olde Savannah Inn. This is a very up close and personal business so it is important to satisfy all your guests as best as you can. Not everyone is going to love The Olde Savannah Inn or Kathleen but I will surely try to make their trip the Best of Savannah. Please come back and see us to celebrate your anniversary and allow me to pamper you some more. Thank you for all your kind words and Mr. Cooper and I will see you again, soon...Thankl you for taking the time to post a review for us in your busy schedule.

Your Savannah friend and Hostess,

Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was our first B&B experience and was really good. Savanna is a wonderful place and the Inn was equally beautiful. Kathleen was very kind and hospitable. Its commendable that she has decorated and maintained her Inn so well, all by herself. Its quiet inspiring. Her breakfast was delicious as expected. She also has good knowledge about places to eat, etc and helped us with her suggestions. In all it was a very warm and welcoming stay at The Olde Savannah Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
It was such a pleasure to have met you and mohit. I am glad I was able to offer you your first experience at a bed and breakfast. If you return to Savannah, please come back and see us. You will have to try our Crème Brulee French toast. Thank you for going the extra mile to say lovely comments about our Olde Savannah Inn. Thank you, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Flat Gap
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My lifelong friend and I met in Savannah for a girls getaway. The Olde Savannah Inn provided us just what we needed for a relaxing visit. We were in Savannah two nights and enjoyed every minute. The Olde Savannah Inn is beautiful! The beds were so comfortable I could hardly get up in the mornings. Breakfast was great. Kathleen was very helpful at advising and suggesting things to do/see in Savannah.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
When I met you and Barbara at the door upon arrival, I knew you would have a great girls getaway. I am amazed at how Barbara works 4 businesses at our age. She is amazing ! I met my match...We have had a lot of girls getaways and they are always wonderful. I am so excited you chose The Olde Savannah Inn for your annual get together. I am honored I was the lucky hostess of Savannah to turn your dreams into a reality. If you ever return to Savannah, I would love to see you again. Thank you for your stay with Mr. Cooper and I. You are right about those beds. I can't stay awake on them when we are slow and I am being lazy. I swear they have been sprinkled with sleepy dust. Have a great fall season, Thank you, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed with Kathleen and Mr. Cooper for a long holiday weekend. It did not feel like staying at a B&B but it was like staying with family. Kathleen genuinely cares about your stay and wants to provide a top notice service. We have stayed at several B&Bs in Savannah and Kathleen's breakfast is far superior. They are even memorable. Crème Brulee French toast with home made cream, eggs Benedict and blueberry pancakes were all created with Kathleen’s own recipe. Simply divine. We stayed in the Renaissance Room. The linens were luxurious and the bathroom is huge! The bathroom is the largest one I have ever seen in a B&B. It was very easy for 2 people to get ready at one time.

I could write just a review for Mr. Cooper because it made the inn feel more like a home. He is so sweet and has the best personality. He and Kathleen make excellent hosts and would love to have you come stay with them. We enjoyed our weekend immensely. Thank you Kathleen!

Room Tip: Renaissence Room has high ceilings and a large bathroom
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen W
Great weekend meeting you and Howard. I actually posted your photos with Mr. Cooper on our face book page. I felt like I had known you forever. Mr. Cooper loved you right away. It was such a treat to be having you stay with us after staying at so many of the lovely b and b's in Savanah. Thank you for the honor. I am so glad you loved our breakfast and you loved the rennissance oom. I hope if you come back to Savannah, you will return to The Olde Savannah Inn. See you soon, Hugs, Mr. Cooper and Kathleen
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I spent a recent weekend at The Olde Savannah Inn. Kathleen exceeded our expectations yet again. This is our second stay with Kathleen in 2013 and I expect to visit her establishment at least twice a year.

Breakfast is the best that I have ever experienced. I don't like eating eggs, and Kathleen made me and my wife a wrap with bacon, apples, butter, and other ingredients... WOW. I can't forget to tell you about the pancakes that we had.. OMG.. The homemade cream that is severed with this is AMAZING... another guest thought that it was ice-cream served with breakfast. This is to die for.

We got to meet Mr. Cooper during this stay and he is a delight.

If you are traveling to Savannah, and you don't stay here, you are missing out. Great rooms, décor, breakfast to die for, and close enough to all of the action, but far enough not to be bothered by large crowds.

Looking forward to another visit soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JodyM611
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We are seasoned B&B travelers, and will not accept payment in exchange for a favorable review. The place is clean, the bed was comfortable and the breakfasts were good, but I guess we have higher expectations. A closet in the room would have been nice, and the "valuable coverlit" on the bed which needed extraordinary care could have been eliminated. The pillows on every chair and couch in the common area were not very inviting. If I wrote here that the breakfast waffle was deemed to large a portion so the proprietor took half of it back, or that salt was not allowed until the eggs were tasted first, nobody would believe it. Perhaps we were there on a bad weekend. Next time will try our luck elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
26 Thank Wishful1015
kathleen55, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
This reviewer violated tripadvisor's guidelines as the opening sentence is accusatory in nature. Basically accusing the proprietor of accepting payment for favorable reviews. This is absolutely false and I am very offended that tripadvisor.com allowed this review to be posted and bounced me on my rating. Not for nothing, this review is ridiculous. I didn't deserve this review. My bed and breakfast is stunning and I take offense to their insulting comments. Because I have pillows on my sofa and chairs...shows no hospitality. Where and how does this guest live to be so critical of my décor? I hope when you purchase a sofa and chairs, it will come with pillows...How crazy!These guests were miserable on arrival especially the wife...Complaining about a closet in the Provence room. It is the shower that I converted. Did she not read all the comments and description about the room on the website? Furthermore, a lot of the older homes don't have closet because back in the day, they would be taxed on closets. I would probably suggest to this guest, stay at a hotel...Mt beautiful damask coverlet, she complained about...should be eliminated. What is the matter with this individual...She had her husband remove the coverlit and bring it upstairs. I almost died...Never have I experienced anything like this. If you don't like my décor, go else where...Oh, salt isn't served with breakfast. I season all my entrees before they go out...I tell my guests taste it first, it might be enough salt already. This guests had higher expectations. These guests are from NJ so I really don;'t understand how she wasn't satisfied with a beautiful inn such as The Olde Savannah Inn. Oh, the Belgian waffle was deemed to large so what did she expect me to do, throw out the other half...These waffles are hugh and none of my guests can eat a whole one....As I said before, I didn't deserve this review and I am disputing this. Kathleen