“Lovely weekend getaway”

Ranked #5 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Lovely weekend getaway”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was our first B&B experience and was really good. Savanna is a wonderful place and the Inn was equally beautiful. Kathleen was very kind and hospitable. Its commendable that she has decorated and maintained her Inn so well, all by herself. Its quiet inspiring. Her breakfast was delicious as expected. She also has good knowledge about places to eat, etc and helped us with her suggestions. In all it was a very warm and welcoming stay at The Olde Savannah Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
kathleen55, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
It was such a pleasure to have met you and mohit. I am glad I was able to offer you your first experience at a bed and breakfast. If you return to Savannah, please come back and see us. You will have to try our Crème Brulee French toast. Thank you for going the extra mile to say lovely comments about our Olde Savannah Inn. Thank you, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Flat Gap
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My lifelong friend and I met in Savannah for a girls getaway. The Olde Savannah Inn provided us just what we needed for a relaxing visit. We were in Savannah two nights and enjoyed every minute. The Olde Savannah Inn is beautiful! The beds were so comfortable I could hardly get up in the mornings. Breakfast was great. Kathleen was very helpful at advising and suggesting things to do/see in Savannah.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
When I met you and Barbara at the door upon arrival, I knew you would have a great girls getaway. I am amazed at how Barbara works 4 businesses at our age. She is amazing ! I met my match...We have had a lot of girls getaways and they are always wonderful. I am so excited you chose The Olde Savannah Inn for your annual get together. I am honored I was the lucky hostess of Savannah to turn your dreams into a reality. If you ever return to Savannah, I would love to see you again. Thank you for your stay with Mr. Cooper and I. You are right about those beds. I can't stay awake on them when we are slow and I am being lazy. I swear they have been sprinkled with sleepy dust. Have a great fall season, Thank you, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed with Kathleen and Mr. Cooper for a long holiday weekend. It did not feel like staying at a B&B but it was like staying with family. Kathleen genuinely cares about your stay and wants to provide a top notice service. We have stayed at several B&Bs in Savannah and Kathleen's breakfast is far superior. They are even memorable. Crème Brulee French toast with home made cream, eggs Benedict and blueberry pancakes were all created with Kathleen’s own recipe. Simply divine. We stayed in the Renaissance Room. The linens were luxurious and the bathroom is huge! The bathroom is the largest one I have ever seen in a B&B. It was very easy for 2 people to get ready at one time.

I could write just a review for Mr. Cooper because it made the inn feel more like a home. He is so sweet and has the best personality. He and Kathleen make excellent hosts and would love to have you come stay with them. We enjoyed our weekend immensely. Thank you Kathleen!

Room Tip: Renaissence Room has high ceilings and a large bathroom
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen W
Great weekend meeting you and Howard. I actually posted your photos with Mr. Cooper on our face book page. I felt like I had known you forever. Mr. Cooper loved you right away. It was such a treat to be having you stay with us after staying at so many of the lovely b and b's in Savanah. Thank you for the honor. I am so glad you loved our breakfast and you loved the rennissance oom. I hope if you come back to Savannah, you will return to The Olde Savannah Inn. See you soon, Hugs, Mr. Cooper and Kathleen
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I spent a recent weekend at The Olde Savannah Inn. Kathleen exceeded our expectations yet again. This is our second stay with Kathleen in 2013 and I expect to visit her establishment at least twice a year.

Breakfast is the best that I have ever experienced. I don't like eating eggs, and Kathleen made me and my wife a wrap with bacon, apples, butter, and other ingredients... WOW. I can't forget to tell you about the pancakes that we had.. OMG.. The homemade cream that is severed with this is AMAZING... another guest thought that it was ice-cream served with breakfast. This is to die for.

We got to meet Mr. Cooper during this stay and he is a delight.

If you are traveling to Savannah, and you don't stay here, you are missing out. Great rooms, décor, breakfast to die for, and close enough to all of the action, but far enough not to be bothered by large crowds.

Looking forward to another visit soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JodyM611
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We are seasoned B&B travelers, and will not accept payment in exchange for a favorable review. The place is clean, the bed was comfortable and the breakfasts were good, but I guess we have higher expectations. A closet in the room would have been nice, and the "valuable coverlit" on the bed which needed extraordinary care could have been eliminated. The pillows on every chair and couch in the common area were not very inviting. If I wrote here that the breakfast waffle was deemed to large a portion so the proprietor took half of it back, or that salt was not allowed until the eggs were tasted first, nobody would believe it. Perhaps we were there on a bad weekend. Next time will try our luck elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
26 Thank Wishful1015
kathleen55, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
This reviewer violated tripadvisor's guidelines as the opening sentence is accusatory in nature. Basically accusing the proprietor of accepting payment for favorable reviews. This is absolutely false and I am very offended that tripadvisor.com allowed this review to be posted and bounced me on my rating. Not for nothing, this review is ridiculous. I didn't deserve this review. My bed and breakfast is stunning and I take offense to their insulting comments. Because I have pillows on my sofa and chairs...shows no hospitality. Where and how does this guest live to be so critical of my décor? I hope when you purchase a sofa and chairs, it will come with pillows...How crazy!These guests were miserable on arrival especially the wife...Complaining about a closet in the Provence room. It is the shower that I converted. Did she not read all the comments and description about the room on the website? Furthermore, a lot of the older homes don't have closet because back in the day, they would be taxed on closets. I would probably suggest to this guest, stay at a hotel...Mt beautiful damask coverlet, she complained about...should be eliminated. What is the matter with this individual...She had her husband remove the coverlit and bring it upstairs. I almost died...Never have I experienced anything like this. If you don't like my décor, go else where...Oh, salt isn't served with breakfast. I season all my entrees before they go out...I tell my guests taste it first, it might be enough salt already. This guests had higher expectations. These guests are from NJ so I really don;'t understand how she wasn't satisfied with a beautiful inn such as The Olde Savannah Inn. Oh, the Belgian waffle was deemed to large so what did she expect me to do, throw out the other half...These waffles are hugh and none of my guests can eat a whole one....As I said before, I didn't deserve this review and I am disputing this. Kathleen
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Our visit to The Olde Savannah Inn was more than exceptional. Kathleen is an excellent hostess and makes you feel at home at all times. I am "over the moon" that we got engaged in the parlor of the Inn with Mr. Cooper present. Our surprise engagement will always be a most cherished memory and the Inn was the perfect setting. It is beautifully restored and within walking distant of Forsythe Park and downtown. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa S
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 24, 2013

As a frequent business traveler, I'm well acquainted with the best the travel industry has to offer in terms of luxury and unparallel service.The elegance, sophistication and hospitality of The Olde Savannah Inn, however, exceed even the most discerning traveler. After a few days researching a number of Savannah's ubiquitous B&Bs, I selected The Olde Savannah Inn based on its beautiful decor, central location in the Historic District and the plethora of glowing traveler reviews.

So, imagine my surprise when I learned that the beautifully appointed French inspired room I fell in love with over the website was offered at a "buy one night, get one free" - especially since I didn't need a “bargain” as my travel is graciously covered by my employer. I was also perplexed because this "bogo" is unheard of for a B&B of this caliber!

This situation ultimately proved to be an ethical dilemma because when the owner, Kathleen Dupuis, brought me to the "Renaissance Room", I was stunned by a beauty and grace that one could never find at a “discounted rate”. Immediately, I asked Kathleen to charge me the full rate for my stay and told her that "I felt I was stealing" from her by residing in a 5 star room for what averaged to be literally "$140" a night! I just couldn't do it. The room and its accompanying bathroom was the most beautiful I've seen in my travels across the country.

True to what I consistently discovered during my 2 days at The Olde Savannah Inn - Kathleen was as gracious and elegant as her home. She refused to charge me the full rate. Kathleen insisted she honor her offer despite my repeated protests. I was overwhelmed by her integrity as I intuitively sensed she must be struggling to maintain her business throughout an unprecedented recession; particularly if offering a “bogo”

I was speechless and remained so as Kathleen treated me to a world class experience complete from her phenomenal culinary treats and delectable breakfasts to my incredibly soulful conversations with her.

Indeed, there are number of gorgeous, historic B&B’s in Savannah but I am confident you will find no other such as The Olde Savannah Inn and Ms. Kathleen where integrity, honor and grace envelop and comfort you like a long lost, beloved family member.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful but the Renassiance Room has a French "powder room" with a gorgeou...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business