“Splendid Olde Savannah Inn”

Justine Inn Savannah
Ranked #5 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Grosse Ile, Michigan
“Splendid Olde Savannah Inn”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at The Olde Savannah Inn which is located in a beautiful area of Savannah's Historic District. After a long drive, we welcomed the owner Kathleens', assistance with parking and a brief tour, not to mention, a hug! We stayed in the Rennaissance room which was decorated with beautiful period antiques, along with rest of the Inn. The room was luxurious, stocked with every need and extras, including an excellent book collection to read by the fireplace. The bathroom reminded us of a European spa with its chandelier, huge framed mirror and lovely dressing table. Kathleen went out of her way to prepare a healthy, delicious breakfast for everyone. The overall experience surpassed our fondest expectations and we hope to return in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Sandersville, Georgia
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our stay at The Olde Savannah Inn was great! Kathleen is gracious and such a joy! From the moment we entered, we knew we were in for a treat! We were shown to the "Romantic Rennaissance Room", French craved King size bed...and all the luxury you would expect from a "5 star inn"...crystal chandeliers, gas log fireplace, bedding so exquiste you may not want to leave your room...but you must! Evening wine in the parlor was such a nice way to connect with the other guests, had dinner with a lovely couple and a new friendship was found that will contiune to grow.
Breakfast at the inn is truly an "experience"...Kathleen is a gourmet chef...serving you French pressed coffee, fresh fruit cups, juice, applewood smoked bacon, sausage, eggs benedict or creme brulee' french toast/with homemade whipped cream.(just the two breakfast menus we were lucky to savor)
You dine on fine china, with linens pressed by the host herself! I have never felt so pampered at felt so at home! When you go to B&B, you are entering someone's home...a "home" that has been opened up to you with love....that is what you will find at "The Olde Savannah Inn" with Kathleen. Thank you Kathleen for a "romantic and wonderful" stay...and as we say in the south..See ya'll soon!!

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Savannah means traveling back in time. This inn is a perfect match for it. The splendor of the mansion, the charm of the room bring back the glory of the old south. Add to this the politeness and splendid taste for decoration of Kathleen and you'll want to stay. If you care about style in every aspect including the wonderfully presented breakfast this is your inn.

• Stayed January 2013
kathleen55, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
It was such a pleasure to serve your family during your stay at The Olde Savannah Inn. One of the highlights was dancing with your mom who kept me huffing and puffing. I loved her spunk ...I have often thought of her in which I was so happy to hear from you. Thank you so much for going the extra mile to support The Olde Savannah Inn. If you are ever return to Savannah, please allow me the honor of serving you, Many Blesssings, Kathleen
LaGrange, Georgia
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had a great visit with Kathleen! We stayed in the awesome Versailles Court (two claw foot tubs and a jacuzzi!), the sheets were so soft, and in the morning we had the best breakfast. Kathleen got us reservations for the Olde Pink House for dinner, which was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. Overall, this is a very elegant Bed and Breakfast, and my husband and I enjoyed our lovely trip to Savannah.

Room Tip: We liked the Versailles Court room, though Kathleen showed us all the rooms and they are all beautif...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you going the extra mile for The Olde Savannah Inn...It was lovely getting to know you with our chatty little talks. I could sit and talk to you all day. I felt truly comfortable with your sincerity and genuineness ...You carry yourself with such elegance...I can see why you chose my inn. It fits to your charm of old world class. Don't ever change ...We need more of Jackie O...I look forward to a future stay...Your friend and Savannah Hostess, Kathleen
Aberdeen, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Miss Kathleen,
I had my very first visit to Savannah and had the good fortune to stay at your B&B.
I would like to thank you the most lovely time I have had in years.
Kathleen is a one-of-a-kind innkeeper, she is the "hostess with the mostest".
You will be greeted with a warm hug and a genuine smile. She has created a wonderful sanctuary for her guest's. You will be treated like family and you will leave with a serene feeling of warmth and inner peace.
Her home is decorated with exquisite furnishings, stunning antique's and art, marble bathrooms, fireplaces and beautiful chandeliers.
I felt like a Goddess staying in the pink room with it's wonderful decor. The bed and linens were incedible, top of the line.
Kathleen prides herself on keeping a spotless-comfortable, friendly Inn. Your morning will start with Kathleen's gourmet breakfast in her stunning breakfast room.
You will be served a homemade 4 course breakfast, including fresh fruit and french pressed coffee. This is the most amazing breakfast I have ever had, your coffee cup will never be empty, and each course will be served fresh, warm, and with the most pleasant smile.
Kathleen will help you set-up sight seeing tours, Dinner reservations, carriage tours, she is a jack of all trades.
So, to sum up my stay I would have to say it was stunning, marvelous, serene, filled with wonderful conversation, and fullfilled with the extra benefit of meeting such a fine lady such as Miss.Kathleen.
Thank you Kathleen for the MOST enjoyable vacation, the wonderful conversation and the most exquisite B&B I have ever had the pleasure to stay at. Vicki Beckler

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a great experience staying at our first bed & breakfast. We stayed in the beautiful Versailles Court. It was wonderful! Kathleen goes out of her way to make you feel right at home, and her breakfasts are delicious! Savannah is a wonderful place to visit and we plan on coming back!!!
-Michael & Dana

• Stayed February 2013
switzerland
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are small and also the beds, but it was clean. Kathleen advise us to do this and that and whatch for this... We missed the personal touch. It was more a feeling like pay and go instead a warm welcome. However, the breakfast was very ok.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
19 Thank eathealthy
kathleen55, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I am Kathleen, Owner and Inkeeper,

This review was written with a resentment as I asked this guest to not sit on the arm of my King Henry V111 chair as it is an antique. Him and his girlfriend got offended and smiled to each other. I am discovering manners are a thing of the past. Where is Bed and Breakfast ETIQUETTE? Some people really need to freshen up on Emily Post's "Manners for a new world"
Fabulous book. This is not a hotel, it is my home...If you don't respect my home, than you would be better off at the MOTEL 6...From the moment this guest arrived ,all my guest rallied around these couples to welcome them . They were renting the Bellevue and Bon Viant rooms. The couple who was suppose to be in the pink room pounced on the bed and stated" this bed is too small after laying all over it...You cannot lay all over my pressed linens and say you aren't taking the rooms. They had a meeting amongst them and decided to swap rooms. I don't have any tiny or small room...Neither do I have suites. We are an elegant intimate 5 room lovely inn. When people book, they see the rooms as they are...I don't understand. My website is very actual to the rooms. Most of my guests request me to tell them what to do while staying in Savannah. As innkeepers, we are not ruin your stay, we are planning your stay to be the BEsST ever. This isn't a pay and go system. That comment makes no sense. Customers have the upper hand with all these open forums, so the owners of small business can't say anything or they have to worry about a bad review. I cannot work the way I do and tolerate such inappropriateness...I am sorry, but I have put my blood , sweat and tears into this house and if you want to act like this, maybe you would be better off somewhere else. In which, they stayed at another local inn ..I was in the middle of a flood in the rear of the property and these couples wanted a French press of coffee...Came out looking for me in the alley. Kathleen, we have been looking for you. Here I am right in the middle of an emergency. Couldn't understand how I had to tend to this flooding situation. It is the old story of wanting it NOW...I do the best I can to accommodate all my guests, but I wish this guest was a little more understanding. Stuff happens in B&B's that you don't expect and you have to attend to the situation. I am sorry that this couple didn't sing high praise for OUr Olde Savannah Inn because most of my guests can't wait to come back.