“Exceptional Service in an Exquisitely Restored Home B&B”

Justine Inn Savannah
Ranked #5 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Last week during a difficult crunch time between job interviews in the South, my Partner and I set off to The Olde Savannah Inn seeking a well-deserved weekend break.

Upon a late evening arrival, we wandered in together and were graciously met by Kathleen -- the owner/proprietor. She immediately charmed my Partner and me. After wandering into the front door we felt the romance of the hotel. From the start, Kathleen wholeheartedly welcomed us; and, revealed to us her special abilities to make us feel at home, combined with her attention to detail.

Our room was the Renaissance Suite. It was quiet, clean and comfortable. We had two chandeliers -- in the bedroom and the spacious bathroom! The carved 4-poster bed made for a unique and grand sleeping experience.

We immediately came to realize the benefits intelligent service. Kathleen answered all of our questions about the hotel and helped guide our understanding of Savannah for only a 2 night visit. She expertly meshed our wishes with our needs for getting the best slice of Savannah for a weekend visit: the best restaurant recommendations, sights not to miss, and insider tips.

The morning breakfast ROCKED! The meal was prepared from scratch and could rival any gourmet breakfast restaurant and included fresh baked peach cobbler.

Our weekend at The Olde Savannah Inn made our weekend Savannah experience extra special. We are certain that but for our stay at the hotel, we would not have had what became a memorable trip to Savannah. Kathleen's special character and skills – which are exemplary, and are rare in this day and age -- separate those who place “first” from the “also-rans.”

We wish The Olde Savannah Inn every success and look forward to returning very soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marc T
There are newer reviews for Justine Inn Savannah

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

We just left the Inn this morning and what an amazing stay we had. Kathleen is a wonderful woman, who was extremely helpful during our stay. The breakfasts were excellent and the rooms were immaculate. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Mk62
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our 5th anniversary over Labor Day weekend and this was our first B&B experience! We were in the Provence suite which we loved - it has windows so ample light comes in, the shower is amazing (so spacious and water pressure is great), and it is on the ground level with a private entrance. Kathleen was quite hospitable all weekend - when the room did not have an ironing board, she offered to iron my dress for me; she booked our trolley tour and pedicab one night for us, and in general, was helpful with restaurant suggestions! Everyday she left 2 water bottles and chocolate chip cookies in our room. The first day she left us a piece of her chocolate cake which was so good! Unfortunately, I was not feeling well over the weekend and she really treated me nicely providing all the things I needed to be as comfortable as I could be.

The house itself is gorgeous and clean. The breakfasts were AWESOME! I absolutely loved the eggs benedict on a croissant and the creme brulee french toast. We are vegetarian and she was always accommodating! Fruit was very fresh and the coffee was delicious. The dining room is nice in that every couple has their own table, so you can still have conversations as a group and privately. The room is very airy and a lot of natural light comes through which is nice for your morning meal.

In terms of the location, it is pretty far from river street - but we were able to walk there in 15-20 minutes or just take pedicabs back and forth. It is close to Forsyth Park which is nice. Parking can be difficult since there are only 2 spots in the back of the house, but we were able to find ample street parking even on a busy holiday weekend.

In general, this is a great B&B! I would definitely come back again!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cupcake1284
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was mine and my husband's 5 year anniversary weekend and we wanted to try something new. Neither of us had been to Savannah and neither of us had ever stayed in a Bed & Breakfast and we were a little nervous about it. Kathleen made us feel right at home and welcomed us both with a hug! The suggestions that Kathleen gave us for restaurants and things to do couldn't have been better!! She even made our reservations for us at Elizabeth's on 37th to celebrate our anniversary! Her breakfasts were delicious and special each morning!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ATownley
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Being my first time staying in a bed and breakfast, I was a little apprehensive to say the least, but that was quickly put to rest when my wife and I walked in the front door of this beautiful home and were greeted by Kathleen, the owner and inn keeper. Kathleen made us feel right at home with a big smile, a warm hug and an offer of a drink, followed by a tour of this beautifully restored, impressive Inn.

We stayed in the Provence suite on the lower, (ground), level. When we entered our room for the first time, we were pleased to find two freshly made, delicious, chocolate chip cookies and bottled water waiting for us. This room, the furnishings and decorating are all beautiful, just like the rest of the house. There is a separate entrance, which is shared by the three rooms on this level and was a nice convenience in that we didn't have to walk up or down any stairs on entry or exit. This door is at the front of the house, right below the main entrance. Every suite has its own bathroom and our room had the coolest shower, which is separate from the bathroom and is revealed when you open what looks like, (and used to be), a closet door, to find a glass door which leads into the two-person, walk-in shower... amazing! Great water pressure, imported soaps and lots of room. This room is very bright and airy, with two windows, a super comfy queen bed, with luxurious linens, a flat-panel TV, ceiling fan, armoire, desk and chair, a collection of books for the avid reader and all the comforts of home.

As you have probably read, the breakfasts are fantastic, Kathleen is a very talented cook! The table setting is beautiful with fresh fruit each morning, followed by an amazing main course. On our first morning, to my wife's delight, we had creme brulee french toast, which she is still talking about it and was absolutely delicious! On day two Kathleen made eggs benedict with pesto, which I am still dreaming about! You will be hard pressed to find breakfast this good anywhere!!!!

The Olde Savannah Inn is within walking distance of everything in the Historic District, so we found the trolley tour bus unnecessary. Many fine restaurants are located nearby, and the area's largest park is only two blocks away.

Kathleen, thank you so much for a wonderful stay! We so enjoyed getting to know you and hope to make it back to stay with you again!

Bill and Cathy

Room Tip: There are five rooms to choose from and in my opinion, the Provence Room is perfect, with its separa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I wanted to tour around Savannah and chose to stay and the The Olde Savannah Inn and couldn't have had a more wonderful experience. Kathleen goes all out to make sure you have everything you need with a 5 star experience. She serves the best breakfast ever with candle light, beautiful plates, fresh french press coffee, served in a delightful dining area fit for a queen and king. My husband has special diatary needs (celiac) and Kathleen made sure he didn't feel left out or go hungry. She made his gluten free blueberry pancakes to die for. Well done Kathleen! We highly recommend this lovely experience

Room Tip: If you want a private out door sitting area stay in one of the rooms on the lower level
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoyandTim
Reviewed August 29, 2012

A vacation in Savannah was on our bucket list, and Old Savannah Inn was the perfect solution. The room, bed and bedding were exquisite, the morning meal was absolutely wonderful, location was great, and the proprietor delightful. Down to the smallest detail, everything had been attended to. I highly recommend Olde Savannah Inn and will be telling my friends about it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "pink room" which had French doors opening into a lovely garden.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends