“Most Fabulous B&B!”

Justine Inn Savannah
Ranked #6 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2008

Our stay here was the most wonderful experience! My husband and I came to Savannah to celebrate my birthday, and Kathleen (the inn owner) truly went out of her way to make it a wonderul celebration. Kathleen has an extraordinary way of creating a very personal and luxurious experience for her guests, while making them feel completely at home in her beautiful inn. Everything was perfect, from the gourmet breakfasts to the wonderful bedding and linens. She greeted us every morning with a smile and a delicious breakfast (shrimp and cheddar grits, apple/bacon/cheddar frittata, baked pear with raspberry glaze, fresh fruit, and plenty of her famous homemade whipped cream...just to name a few). Every evening, she welcomed us back from a day in town with a glass of wine and as many delicious cookies as we could eat. She even made a special dessert for me in honor of my birthday, and it was unbelievably wonderful (panna cotta, an Italian custard with a tri-berry glaze and her homemade whipped cream)! As perfect as The Olde Savannah Inn is, the true reason to stay there is Kathleen herself! My husband and I miss her (and Dakota, her sweet lab) and the inn already, and we can't wait to stay there again!

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,460)

Reviewed March 2, 2008

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Olde Savannah Inn. Kathleen was the most hospitable innkeeper I have ever encountered. The rooms were incredible, the linens, magnificent, and her three course breakfasts could equal, if not surpass, any of those you could find at Savannah's finest restaurants. Kathleen 's chocolate chip pancakes with raspberries and real whipped cream were a particular favorite.
Our room was lovely, situated on the lower level, by the spa. The beds were supremely comfortable and our spacious bathroom had a steam shower which was very welcome indeed. The beds were turned down at night and fresh floweres adorned the bedside table. As an avid reader, I was intrigued by the eclectic reading material lining the bookshelves awaiting our perusal. Next time, however, we shall definitely call in advance and request the Versailles room, which is dripping with beautiful bed hangings and linens and with a bathroom which I could happily move into. Very luxurious!
Every afternoon, after a day spent exploring beautiful Savannah and indulging in shopping, house tours, and tea, I would return to the inn sip a chilled glass of white wine on the inn's veranda and chat with Kathleen or the other guests and completely unwind before getting ready for dinner (reservations already made by Kathleen in advance.) Just writing this review makes me long to return!
Our last evening at the inn was perhaps the most memorable of all due to the appearance of a certain ghostly woman peering out the living room window in her 19th century attire. This vision was caught on camera by some fellow guests at the inn our last night there. Ask Kathleen to show you the picture when you get there - it's incredible!
I will definitely return to The Olde Savannah Inn. Savannah is the one of the most beautiful and gracious cities I have ever visited, and I feel like I have a new friend in Kathleen!

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed February 27, 2008

Great attention to detail by Kathleen, the owner, who was extremely warm and welcoming and gave lots of helpful information about savannah and what to see etc. Southern style breakfasts were amazing and delicious, we really commend Kathleen on her hard work making sure her guests are happy. thanks.

Reviewed February 26, 2008

My husband and I had the most amazing anniversary trip to Savannah, thanks in no small part to Kathleen and the Olde Savannah Inn! I was excited to find out that there was availability in the breathtaking Versailles Court, albeit for just one night. That one night will stay with me forever- from the two dozen long stemmed red roses to the jacuzzi with 'mood lighting' . The aesthetics of the room are overwhelming, as you gaze around 360 degrees, you are greeted with more beauty. The total package was very fairy tale-esque and I was the main character princess!

Kathleen was very attentive and warm, and just as accomplished as a chef as she is a first-class innkeeper. The chocolate cheesecake was amazing, and the blueberry pancakes delectable. If I could change one thing about our stay it would be only to have made it longer!

Reviewed February 25, 2008

After several last minute attempts over the last couple of years to fulfill my wife's wish of visiting Savannah - I once again procrastinated until the week of Valentine's Day to look for an available room at a bed & breakfast. However, this time I was lucky enough to find the Olde Savannah Inn. After reading some reviews and looking at the Inn's website I called and spoke to Kathleen. I was suprised to hear that she actually did have a room available - apparently someone had to cancel their stay and I was lucky enough to call in and get the room before someone else booked it.
We were delighted with our room "The Provence" and the entire inn. Kathleen was an excellent host. She made our dinner reservations the first night and arranged for a pedi-cab to pick us up. On our second day we took a tour of Savannah with Old Town Trolley Tours. Kathleen can sell you the tickets and they will pick you up at the inn. This was a great way to see the city. On our last night we took a ghost tour - in a hearse! Again this was arranged by Kathleen. We didn't see any ghosts on the tour, but that night after the ghost tour we went back to our room and browsed through some of the pictures we had taken earlier in the day on our digital camera. We were shocked at what we saw. The shot of my wife in front of the Olde Savannah Inn was taken at 4:30 in the afternoon. It wasn't until that night when we were reviewing the photos that we noticed a ghost like figure of a woman in the window on the main floor of the inn. I didn't believe in ghosts, but this is the clearest picture of a "ghost" I have ever seen. To our knowledge no one was at the Inn when our picture was taken. We took a picture of the Inn just 2 mintues prior and there was nothing in the window.
So whether you are looking for a romantic bed breakfast or a thrilling haunted experience this is the place to stay in Savannah.

Reviewed February 21, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Olde Savannah Inn for two nights. What an amazing place to stay for Valentine's Day! From the moment we walked in the door we felt at home. We were greeted with hugs from the innkeeper Kathleen. Her dog Dakota was right by her side. He is a great dog and we fell in love with him right away. We were immediately offered wine and ice tea. You definitely should try her tea-it's awesome. Kathleen introduced us to another couple who was staying with her and then she gave us all a tour of her beautiful inn. The rooms are amazing and each have their own special touches. We stayed in the Provence room. It has wonderful silk pink blankets and pillows. (Pink is my favorite color, so this was the perfect room for me!) Each room has its own fireplace and we used ours every night. Very romantic! After our tour we settled in to our room to unpack and that is when we noticed the fresh homebaked cookies and bottled water that Kathleen had set out for us. We went back upstairs to visit with the others and Kathleen brought out cheese and crackers for us. She checked on our reservations for the night too. We ate at The Pink House and had a wonderful dinner. When we got back to our room, we had an amazing double chocolate cheesecake that Kathleen had left for us. Yummy. The next night we ate at Garibaldi's and it was wonderful as well. That night Kathleen brought us some of the warm chocolate raspberry torte she had just baked.
One of the best parts about staying here was the fabulous breakfasts that Kathleen serves. We ate on china with candlelight. Each breakfast started with a goblet full of fresh fruit. One day she made a pineapple bake and another day she had the most amazing blueberry scones. I'm still trying to get the recipe for them! For main courses she made blueberry pancakes and an apple cinnamon bake. Both were delicious and they both came with maple or brown sugar bacon and sausage. You will definitely not go away hungry.
Kathleen is an amazing inkeeper. She has a great attention for detail and it shows in every part of her inn. Each corner is beautifully decorated and it is spotless. She has the desire to get to know her guests and she wants her guests to get to know each other as well. We came away with new friends that we probably wouldn't have if we stayed at a different inn.
I can't wait to go back to Savannah so we can have another wonderful stay with Kathleen and Dakota at the Olde Savannah Inn.

1  Thank slhgeorgia
Reviewed February 21, 2008

If you've never had the oppurtunity to be served like a King or Queen then you most go to this hotel. From the initial phone call I was made to feel like the most important person the in the world. Kathleen (The Inn Keeper and Owner) went out of her way to make sure my wife and I didn't have a problem with anything. From making our reservations at a local restaurant, to ordering Roses, to taking our breakfast order, the whole experience couldn't have been more perfect. She also has been able to create an "home at the parents house" type of atmostphere which is incredible considering most parents don't live in a beautifully remodeled multi-million dollar 1800's style townhome in one of the most beautiful and historic cities in the United States.

If you are looking for a time to relax, get away from the monotony of life,and somehow feel at home all while living in luxury then this is your place. You will also eat like royalty! The breakfast is top notch and will keep you full all day. Whether it's the blueberry pancakes or homemade belgian waffles with frozen cool whip, to go along with the special recipe bacon and sausage for you will be one happy traveler. The "turn down" double chocolate cheesecake at night was something unexpected and equally wonderful. This is one vacation you will not be disappointed about.