“Heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
buffalo, ny
“Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2008

From the moment we arrived, I knew our vacation would be perfect. Kathleen was waiting for us on the steps to greet us, and even though we had arrived three hours earlier than the scheduled check in, our room was ready and wonderful. The two things that make this inn so desireable are the easiness that you feel right from the start, and the wonderful breakfasts served each morning. If you like to eat a delicious breakfast, you are in the right place! The food was outstanding, and the desserts waiting in your room other times during the day are impressive as well. My wife had such a great time, and that made our valentine day experience so memorable. We also met some great people from California and Georgia, and that just capped off the unbelievable trip that we had. Thank you Kathleen for such a great three nights!

• Liked — the breakfasts
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Bonaire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2008

My wife and I love staying with Kathleen! We've been twice now and plan to keep going back. The best part about the Olde Savannah Inn is it's size. It's large enough that you have plenty of room...but small enough to have top quality personalized service. When you stay there...it's like staying at home.

If you're going to Savannah don't bother staying anywhere else.

Matt Jolley

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — Leaving
Whiteville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2008

My husband and I were traveling through Savannah and would only be able to stay one night. After calling several inns with a two night minimum, he finally found Kathleen, who graciously agreed to a one night stay in her fabulous b & b.

Kathleen greeted us with warm hugs and helped us get our bags to our room. She gave us a tour of the inn, which is amazing! Kathleen definitely has an eye for design. We shared a nice glass of wine and interesting conversation before we headed out to find dinner. Kathleen offered to make reservations, but we prefer to wing it.

After such a busy day, we crashed into a bit of heaven in our king size bed. It felt like I was sleeping on a cloud! I woke to the sweet smell of Baked Apple Cinnamon Pancakes! This was a first for Kathleen, who had informed us that her specialty is blueberry. I suggest you request the baked apple! It was topped with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream! It was like eating dessert for breakfast!!

Kathleen is a warm and very intersting lady. You will enjoy your conversations with her. Dakota, her 8 year old black lab is very well mannered and sweet. I could not resist sharing my bacon with him. I also enjoyed meeting the other guests.

We have already begun to plan our next stay and it will be for more than one night. :)

• Liked — The ambience
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2008

Okay guys I understand your plight. You have been searching for a very special place. One that will make her hug you tight around the neck and love you for being so thoughtful. If The Olde Savannah Inn is within your price range Book it RIGHT NOW. Then get to bed and know she WILL be impressed. If it's a little above your price range BOOK IT ANYWAY. You'll only take her to Savannah for the first time once. THIS is what she's expecting. (If your honey is reading this then SHE should book it right now...don't wait for your husband to approve...this is how he wants to spoil you, some of us just need a little help sometimes).

I was distraught about this time last year looking for hours for the absolute knock-your-socks off kinda place to take my wife for our twentieth anniversary. But...I did not find the Olde Savannah Inn in time. No...I thought I was going to impress my bride a few doors down. The other place was okay. But, walking past the clean bright entrance to the Olde Savannah Inn we thought we'd pop-in for a quick hello and maybe sneak a tour.

Liitle did we know Kathleen, the Inn owner, would greet us as if we were staying. She offered us dessert, wine and friendly conversation. It was late and felt we may be over staying our welcome, but as we were leaving, she invited us over for breakfast.

In the late morning everyone had checked out so we got to check-out all the rooms. WOW! Read the other reviews for details...just WOW!! Kathleen was so down to earth, but don't confuse that with her not making everything in her inn High-End and Perfect.

GUYS please, you know we will search for hours to make sure it's the right place. I've done that already. THIS is the RIGHT PLACE. If she doesn't LOVE IT she's not breathing.

Kathleen, Thank You...when we return to Savannah you will be our ONLY choice. We will change our dates if we have to to stay at your place.

Oh yeah guys, you're wondering about location. Its great...stop stalling. Book It Right Now.

Why is it so great...Kathleen. And funny enough, there's only one of her in Savannah.

• Liked — The INN itself...that's the point, right! The Innkeeper and the Innkepers Food, also perfect.
  • Disliked — That I don't get to live there. BOOK THIS INN Right Now!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trip21meister
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2008

We have just returned from a delightful weekend in Savannah. The highlight of our trip was our stay with Kathleen at The Olde Savannah Inn. What a warm and charming hostess! She has done a magnificent job remodeling this 1870's home while keeping the feel of the elegance of the Old South. Our room was upstairs and had a large ensuite bathroom with all new fixtures, travertine tiles, large mirrors, and clawfooted tub/shower. The bed was king-size with a beautiful carved wood headboard and luxurious bed linens - very comfortable. Also, I loved having the working fireplace in the bedroom. Our breakfast was fabulous! Kathleen is a wonderful chef and she went out of her way to spoil us. We started with a lovely mix of fruits served in beautiful stemmed glassware. Next, she served a warm apple cake topped with homemade whipped cream. Then came sausage, bacon, and fresh blueberry pancakes! WOW! The next time I'm in Savannah I will definately make my home base The Olde Savannah Inn.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — leaving
georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2008

My husband and I have for years traveled and stayed in the very Best Inn's & B&B's across the U.S., this was by far the most Romantic and Luxury Inn we have stayed in and without question the most caring Innkeeper in our entire travels, we would return to Savannah Georgia just to visit the Olde Savannah Inn, the gourmet Breakfast each morning was just fantastic, you get at least 3 courses, and Kathleen the Innkeeper will point you in the right directions for the best tour's and dining, Carolyn the lady that works with Kathleen is just the sweetest lady and so caring, the one dear part of the Inn for me was Dakota, a black lab you just love and since losing my yellow and Black Labs last year, Dakota fills your heart with joy. We have found in the past with other B&B's you might have people who just don't have that warm and caring spirit to run an Inn, but not at the Olde Savannah Inn, you feel so welcome when you walk in the door and then you feel that you are a part of the family, for my husband and I it was just the perfect spot to get away for a weekend and wished we could have stayed longer, you want want to miss this Inn on your travels, exquisite in every detail, truly an Inn you will feel right at home in and Kathleen will go to the extreme to make your stay truly an experience you will never forget, I cried when we left and thats a first for me in regards to staying at an Inn. We will be back for sure, my husband and I are still talking about how welcome we felt and those Breakfast meals each morning were out of this world, the cookies in your room are all homemade from scratch as are her breakfast meals, and your bed is always turned down at night, and those Egyptian linens are a dream , you can also raid the fridge at night for the best cheese and crackers, Just can't say enough, you will also find the INN to be impeccably clean and the quaint tables in the dining area are set for a King and Queen. Just can't say enough, will be back soon. To most of us travelers, being truly welcomed and treated with a loving caring heart is a huge part of our travels, you will find that and much more at the Olde Savannah Inn, in Savannah Georgia,. Thank you so much Kathleen!!!!!!! Jerry & Maryzena Ballard , We Love Ya!!! Special hugs to Carolyn & Dakota!!

• Liked — Luxury , romantic and our favorite Inn in all our travels. Wonderful caring Innkeeper!!!
  • Disliked — Absolutely nothing to dislike, everthing was Quality of the highest!!!!!!!!!
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2008

The hotel is breath-taking and charming. Awesome location right by Forsythe Park. Kathleen is very attentative and doesnt miss a detail. She is genuinely interested in your well-being/happiness. She treats everybody with love and respect. She goes out of her way to make sure that your get-a-away is everything you dreamed it would be. Breakfast and turn down service is out of this world. When she says gourmet, she means gourmet! I think she should put together a cookbook! Her pineapple rum cake is absolutely out of this world! You can get tickets for the trolley and maps right in her office. The fireplaces in the room give it that added romantic touch. The beds are definitely "heavenly." I definitely recommend this place to everyone. It is worth every penny. I will definitely return. Its great for couples of all ages to get away.

Stayed January 2008