“Perfect breakfast spot”

B Matthew's Eatery
Ranked #31 of 897 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Habersham
Description: Serving hungry devotees since 2007, B. Matthew's is a locally loved hidden gem nestled in historic Savannah, GA. Home of one of the oldest standing taverns in the Southeast, this little eatery boasts impressive accolades, awards, & praise for their Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, & Brunch.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I didn't know where to go or if I was really in the mood for breakfast. I stumbled out of my hotel and into this cafe. The menu had some tough choices, with so many great options, but I went with the Bay Street scramble. Amazingly flavorful, the plate was not the typical humongous American portions, but real people size. Great way to start the day!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,768)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were in town for a birthday getaway weekend and needed a place to get a good celebratory brunch. I found B Matthews on here and yelp and we gave it a shot due to the good reviews. We had a 10 minute wait, the place was packed but things moved quickly but we never felt rushed. Inside it is decorated very nice, old wood, exposed brick but also contemporary - a good mix. The menu was fantastic, it was a struggle to pick only one dish - lots of fun southern twists on breakfast classics. We had delicious mimosas to start and our breakfast dishes were phenomenal. Service was really good and everything was fairly priced.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went there for brunch one Saturday expecting it to be a madhouse. Fortunately, it wasn't. The restaurant was packed, but there was only one party ahead of us. We were seated in 10-15 minutes, which isn't bad for brunch. Our server was pleasant and attentive. The restaurant has a nice, open decor with exposed brick mixed in with some original qualities. Everything looked and smelled good so it was hard to choose. We ended up order burgers and the shrimp and grits. Both were delicious and cooked the way we liked it. I ordered a mimosa with apricot juice. Maybe it was the apricot juice, but I didn't really love the drink. Nothing they did, maybe I just need to order a traditional mimosa. This is a great place for locals and out-of-towners to get a good, solid meal with reasonable prices and a great staff. I'll definitely go back when I'm in Savannah again.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Looks like we weren't the only ones who ate here for breakfast on New Year's Day! We happened upon B. Matthews after we found out our original option was closed, but what a great switch. There was no wait and our waitress was incredibly nice and cheerful. The atmosphere was cozy and the food was delicious.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

A great place to stop on Bay Street. Perfect menu for brunch. We all ordered something different and everyone was pleased.

1  Thank BarbaraKarp