“2 years in a row and still amazed!!!!”
Review of J. Christopher's

J. Christopher's
Ranked #42 of 889 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This would happen to be second time here and its just as good as the first time... You must eat here!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Not wanting to pay the hotel's high price for even a Continental breakfast, I walked down East Liberty to J. Christopher's, which was new to me. Service was prompt and very friendly. There was a very good selection, including omelets and pastries. I ordered a crepe with chicken covered in Hollandaise sauce, which was brought quickly, hot, fresh and really tasty. With a large OJ the tab was still very reasonable. I'd certainly return.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I were in Savannah for our 29th. anniversary. I picked this restaurant because of the reviews. I wanted my wife to have a 5 star breakfast but we were both disappointed. We arrived around 8:00 AM. We were taken to the table closest to the kitchen, even though there was only about 4 couples in the whole establishment. I refused the table and chose one for us in the middle area. the prices were extremely high in my opinion. I ordered the Hazelnut French Toast. It was French bread cut diagonally. It came with a strawberry and a 1/4" slice of honeydew melon. Two ends of the three slices of brad weren't coated with the egg dip at all. It was tasteless. My wife had some skillet concoction. I think it was spinach with bacon and had blue cheese mixed in. It was a strange combination at the least. My guess is this is a yuppie establishment which is ok for yuppies. They did have one breakfast I considered but rejected because I felt as if it was poking fun at us southerners. It was called the "Bubba". For an Anniversary breakfast, I was extremely disappointed as was my wife. We will not return. The Duck Dynasty group would not be welcome here.

2  Thank Dale C
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This was not a great breakfast experience at all. The excuse we were given was they were short staffed. The coffee was burnt and bitter, so we asked for a new carafe. It wasn't any better.
My friend ordered Eggs Benedict, and she was not terribly impressed. At least her food was served hot.
I ordered the omelet that was SW style, with chorizo sausage, onions, peppers, and a white cheese. The omelet was cold, the toppings even colder. The onions and peppers were overcooked and slimy. The cheese was cold, hard lumps and the sausage dry and of course, cold.
Both of us ordered the cheese grits as a side, I added bacon to mine. The portions were tiny and the only cheese was a thin layer of cold (naturally) cheddar on top. No cheese in the grits at all. The bacon? Well maybe Bac~Os count as bacon in someone's world...not mine.
I refused to eat or pay for the food. It WAS removed from the bill, but no manager ever showed up to see what went wrong. Although, as we were leaving the woman at the register called out "hey girls I'm sorry about that."
Really....

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were actually at 220 Starcadia Circle in Macon, Georgia when we went to J. Christopher's. We were looking for someplace to eat lunch that was not fast food. J. Christopher's was tucked back behind other businesses and we almost didn't see it. The decor and place settings were very cheerful and the menu was varied. We ate lunch, but the breakfast menu looked especially good. I had tomato bisque soup that was very tasty. Steer away from the burger since the meat seems to have lots of filler.. Coffee was great and we hope to make it back for breakfast.