“Not a great start, but turned out nice”
Review of Vic's On the River

Vic's On the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic's On the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 869 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Drayton Street Ramp
Description: Vic's is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic's menu reflects Savannah's Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... Where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River. Enjoy live music in our lounge 7 nights a week, and Happy Hour at our Bar and on the Patio, Monday-Friday, 3:30-6pm
Jacksonville, FL
“Not a great start, but turned out nice”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We did not have reservations when we arrived, but I called ahead of time to confirm they had tables. When we arrived we were seated at the bar with the chick singing so loud it hurt our ears. I asked to be moved and one manager said SURE and the other said I am sorry, but we cant! Luckily the manager that said SURE seated us and we had a quieter place to enjoy ourselves.

I cant be sure, but I think something in their Coke made my stomach turn. You know how when you feel sick NOTHING sounds good to eat? That was me!

My son ordered the kids chicken fingers and fries. They looked great.

My husband ordered the fish special and risotto. The risotto was flavorless! Yuck!

I ordered the meatload which the waiter told me had NO peppers in it, but guess what...LOADED with peppers! LOL

The only thing that came to the table that looked appetizing to me was the salad. I wanted SO BADLY to eat that salad, but every bit I took made me feel worse and worse.

In the end we paid about $60 for the three of us and NO ONE was impressed :-(

Not sure I would visit again.....

Egg Harbor City, New Jersey, United States
“vic's on the river”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

went to vic's on the river. food was ggood and the service was great. We just happened to catch restaurant week. we sat by the window overlooking the river, beautiful view.The fried green tomatoes were nice and crunchie, the seafood and shrimp soup was good. the crab cakes were tasty.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Spectacular view”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate at Vic's and it was fabulous. We sat right by the window that overlooked the river. Cocktails were delicious and well priced. Crab cakes and tomato bisque were A+.

Maryland
“We had a blast!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My sister, brother-in-law and I arrived in Savannah after a horrible drive from North Carolina due to icy road conditions. We were looking forward to having a nice meal to help us recover when we discovered, to our dismay, that it was Restaurant Week in Savannah. We didn't think we would be able to get a reservation at a decent restaurant that night, but we headed over to Vic's anyway. We had had a great happy hour there on our previous trip and thought we might be able to get something to eat at the bar. We arrived and the place was extremely crowded, but the hostess said we could get a drink at the bar and she would seat us whenever she could. Luckily for us there were two seats at the bar, so we ordered our drinks and a third seat opened up shortly thereafter.

We were able to order from the Restaurant Week menu at the bar. For $30 we got a glass of wine, appetizer, an entree and dessert. It wasn't top shelf wine, but it was drinkable. The food was excellent, especially since they must have been cranking out dinners by the hundreds all week in the kitchen. We had mushroom strudel for an appetizer. It was so savory. I could have made a meal out of it. I had the horseradish crusted salmon and it was cooked perfectly. It was accompanied by roasted fingerling potatoes and perfectly prepared brussels sprouts. My sister and her husband had the tournedos with seared chicken livers. We had cherry vanilla bread pudding for dessert. Everything was beautifully prepared and served.

The two bartenders took very good care of us that evening. They were funny and delightful to talk to. We also ended up talking with a couple sitting next to us who had a baby. After a long, tedious drive, we were so lucky to have been able to finish up our day with great food in a great atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank AnnaSoo
Wilmington, North Carolina
“This place has it all !!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Good food, Great location and excellent service. We booked this place two weeks early thru Open Table and requested a table overlooking the river. When we entered a 3/4 full place, we were led to our table overlooking the river. Every thing was top of the line, we look forward to our next stay in Savannah, so that we may return to Vic's.