“Terrific fixed price menu”
Review of Vic's On the River

Vic's On the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic's On the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 864 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Drayton Street Ramp
Description: Vic's is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic's menu reflects Savannah's Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... Where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River. Enjoy live music in our lounge 7 nights a week, and Happy Hour at our Bar and on the Patio, Monday-Friday, 3:30-6pm
Jacksonville, Florida
“Terrific fixed price menu”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a pretty and well located restaurant with good service. They were offering a $30 fixed price menu (which I think may be discontinued). It was a great deal-a good glass of wine, good soup or a salad, 3 choices of mains- the filet of beef with chicken livers was wonderful. Also included a great cheese cake desert.

Visited February 2014

florida
“Delicious”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I will start off by saying that this restaurant is as good as their servers. They are definitely hit and miss here as we noticed other tables with horrible service. However, our waiter kicked butt.
The food was wonderful! My husband and our friend both had the filet and they said it melted in their mouths. Our other friend had fish and also loved it. I had a chicken dish and to was great. The appetizers were amazing. I loved the atmosphere of this building.

Orlando, FL
“Would have liked a better view”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

It was "Restaurant Week" in Sav, so we decided to try this place out, finally. I reserved a few days in advance and noted the bottle of wine we wanted and requested a nice view/area for 2.

I was a little disappointed that we were seated in a small corner, but to be fair, we did arrive a bit early for our reservation. We did, at least, get to look out the big window onto Bay St. and people-watch.

We didn’t order off of the limited “Restaurant Week” menu. Instead, I ordered the lamb shank that came with risotto and haricot vert (AKA green beans). Risotto was delicious, but the lamb was a bit overdone. I had one bite that took forever to chew and I had to drink some water to help break it down. The blackened cod was delicious, according to the hubby.

It’s a great atmosphere, background music was perfect and I’m sure with different seating, we would have had an even better time. Our server wasn’t extremely personable, but he did his job well. The guy who brought our wine to our table was great! I wish I remembered his name.

UK
“formal dining”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This was a really good formal restaurant with excellent food and service. Definitely not a place I would have felt comfortable in dressed in shorts and a tee shirt

Visited September 2013
NW Indiana
“Lovely outdoor lunch!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My sister and I were hungry but in a bit of a time crunch - we had a flight to catch but wanted one last awesome meal in Savannah. Vic's on the River fit the bill! The day was beautiful, upper 60's which is beach weather for us girls from Montana and Chicagoland! So we asked to dine on the deck which faces Bay Street. Our server was told at the outset we had about 45 minutes to eat, did he think we could accomplish this? No problem, he said, he would make sure our meals would make it out with plenty of time, and they did!

My sister ordered off the Restaurant week menu, Brie and Red Pepper soup with the Battered cod, all was fantastic. I got the Fish, Crab and Oyster stew, new to the menu and I would think it should stay! It was perfectly hot, the shrimp and fried oysters were excellent and tender, nice big pieces of crab. It is highly recommended. We got done with two minutes extra and didn't feel too rushed.

Next time in Savannah, this is on the must do list for dinner! Highly recommend!