“Incredible food, wonderful staff!”
Review of Vic's On the River

Vic's On the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic's On the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 909 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Drayton Street Ramp
Description: Vic's is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic's menu reflects Savannah's Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... Where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River. Enjoy live music in our lounge 7 nights a week, and Happy Hour at our Bar and on the Patio, Monday-Friday, 3:30-6pm
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My wife and I were down visiting my folks at Sun City and came down to Savannah for the day to ride Segways and shop.

We stumbled upon Vic's and what a great find! We stopped around lunchtime and had a very short wait. Had a great table by the windows. Our server (Gregory?) was incredibly helpful and polite. The salad I had...as odd as this sounds...was one of the best I've ever eaten! The main dishes we all had were wonderful...great presentations, proper portions and delish!!!! Highly recommend Vic's!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,527)

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had our third meal at Vic's last week, spanning a period of seven years. I had the shrimp and grits, my wife the pecan crusted flounder and my son-in-law the crab cakes. Simply wonderful on all counts. Don't pass on the biscuits -- yes, they are carbs, but they would make Alton Brown's grandmother shed a tear of delight.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant on the Savannah River. The restaurant is on the 4th floor of a building on the riverfront. The restaurant is very elegant inside. The wine recommended to us was excellent, and the food was phenomenal. Will be coming back next time we visit Savannah

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and friends celebrated my birthday at Vic's and we couldn't be more pleased. The variety of food offered was great; I particularly enjoyed the fried oysters; some of the best I have ever eaten and I'm from the Gulf Coast. The staff was very accommodating; our table with a wonderful view of the river and Robert (our server) made the occasion very special. A wonderful way to spend Black Friday afternoon. Thank you Vic's for a memorable meal.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stopped at Vic's the other day for lunch as it is close to the ferry from the Westin over to the Hyatt. Have had friends eat there and love it but we had not been before. Sat in the bar at a high top beside the piano. You have nice views of the water from there and the ambiance in the bar is really nice. Crawfish beignet, delicious! Tomato bisque, delicious! Followed by local shrimp and grits (wife), I had the fried chicken in peppercorn gravy. Everything was cooked perfectly, service was very attentive and our waitress was knowledgeable about the menu ingredients and wines available.
It was not expensive, entrees were $12.00. Next time we are in town we will stop in for dinner. Worth a visit.

1  Thank Jeff D