“Southern hospitality”
Review of Vic's On the River

Vic's On the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic's On the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 910 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Drayton Street Ramp
Description: Vic's is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic's menu reflects Savannah's Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... Where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River. Enjoy live music in our lounge 7 nights a week, and Happy Hour at our Bar and on the Patio, Monday-Friday, 3:30-6pm
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely birthday dinner at Vic's. We didn't get a view, but the food, service and atmosphere made up for it.
Have the fried oysters, you won't be disappointed!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,536)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We went to Vic's for our first meal after arriving in Savannah. Our meal was wonderful.
We had the oysters, crawfish beignets, crobb salad, stuffed shrimp. All delicious!!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

It was a very good dining experience but I was somewhat disappointed. A great location and absolutely no view of the Savannah River! The service was very good and the food excellent no complaints there and anywhere else I would have been very satisfied. I love a good view of the water or mountains or whatever while dining and I will help them remove some of the walls an replace them with windows if they give me a call.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We picked this restaurant based on the Tripadviser reviews and weren't disappointed. The restaurant was very busy. Several weddings going on. We had to eat early because we were going to the Savannah Live show. We had asked for outdoor seating. I guess that is on a first come first serve basis but we didn't have any trouble getting it. I had the scallops which were excellent and cooked just the way I like them. My husband also enjoyed his meal as well. We enjoyed being able to be outside and to watch all the activity around the restaurant e.g brides having their pictures taken, families enjoying the long columbus Day weekend. This was probably my favorite meal in Savannah. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We made last minuted reservation and were given a small table for 2. All choice tables were taken up. They ran out of sparkling water for the night shortly after 7 pm. Food was delicious, however portion was small for the entree catch of the day sword fish, $30 for a 3-4 oz appetizer portion, whereas the appetizer lump crab tower was almost entree size. Feature wine selections were good and reasonably priced. Hopefully they will get their portion size right the next time and make sure there's an adequate supply of sparkling water. Overall, we enjoyed the meal and would give it a second try if we visit Savannah again.

1  Thank infoodwetrust