“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Vic's On the River

Vic's On the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic's On the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 908 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Drayton Street Ramp
Description: Vic's is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic's menu reflects Savannah's Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... Where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River. Enjoy live music in our lounge 7 nights a week, and Happy Hour at our Bar and on the Patio, Monday-Friday, 3:30-6pm
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My daughter and I had a wonderful dinner, great service and enjoyed the atmosphere in this old part of Savannah.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,473)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The food was fantastic! We had a table near the windows with a view of the river. My wife ordered the meat loaf. The meat loaf was to die for and I don't even like meat loaf. I ordered the shrimp and grits and it was the best shrimp and grits I ever had. Excellent service and great food.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I enjoyed eating at Vic's. The waitress was pleasant, and the food was very good. However, the location of our table was less than desirable. Traffic was heavy with everyone entering the restaurant walking by our table as well as people passing by using the elevator up and down to River Street. We asked for another table but were denied. If you visit, be sure to secure a table with a better location, preferably by calling early and asking for a river view.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Savannah has to be one of the most atmospheric cities on the planet and it was therefore a bonus that we got to eat in the very recently installed outdoor seating area overlooking the city form Vics. That and the fact that on a Friday night in Savannah the locals tend to chino up and jacket assist so my shirts and polo might not quite have fitted inside. No problem as the service was excellent and the wine waiters recommend was superb. My steak was beautifully cooked and the accompanying dishes were perfect, same goes for my partners lamb. Informal yet formal dining and the bright lights of downtown just over the road. Excellent, thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I am a foodie. I expected this place to be overpriced and touristy since it's in downtown with sweeping river views. I was wrong!!! The waitstaff was superb but the food is a real star! Fresh buttermilk biscuits with honey butter. Opulent Mac n cheese that would make your southern mama jealous! The brisket sandwich on homemade sourdough with Brie! Yum yum yum.. Leave your diet at home and come for some truly gourmet southern cuisine! Really it's that good!