“My Best Meal In Savannah”
Review of Vic's On the River

Vic's On the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic's On the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 871 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Drayton Street Ramp
Description: Vic's is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic's menu reflects Savannah's Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... Where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River. Enjoy live music in our lounge 7 nights a week, and Happy Hour at our Bar and on the Patio, Monday-Friday, 3:30-6pm
Oxford, NC
“My Best Meal In Savannah”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was my best meal in Savannah. The food was awesome and the service (Rashawn M.) was top notch and as good as any place I've been. I got the tomato basil soup which was out of this world. I also got the pecan crusted flounder which was cooked to perfection. Also the customers need to dress better (see my review on the Olde Pink House), the food trumps. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013

“Delicious dinner”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Our waiter was awesome: friendly and attentive. The flounder and steak were perfect. The bisque and biscuits made it truly special.

Friendswood, Texas
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Was seated very promptly and ordered french onion soup. Soup was bland and you had to cut the french bread soaking in it with a knife. I got the scallops and risotto. the scallops were fine but the risotto was a big gummy blob. My husband got the filet and it was watery and tasteless. I have only sent food back once in my life and this made the second. We then got the chocolate cake as we had not eaten much and it was very dense and dry. talked to several locals later and they said Vic's is very hit or miss all the time.

Visited September 2013
Mobile, Alabama
“A nice river view, if you can get it.”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Vic's is on the river, but you have a hard time getting a table to see it. It's in a beautiful, old brick building with limited window space. We wound up in the bar at a raised table, but it was next to a glass door. Food was good, but service seemed slow due to being busy. It's well worth a visit.

jwildman68
“Not a good experience”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were a party of 8 and they knew we were coming. We got our drinks, eventually our apps and waited forever for our entrees. One on the party decided to leave. The waiter's response was that "we are busy" and "this is how long it usually takes". I would think that a restaurant in the middle of a busy tourist area would be prepared to handle a busy night.

As for the food, it would have been ok but by the time it came, the fodd was not hot, warm, but not hot. The quality seemed to be fresh seafood and one in the party said the steak was average.

The atmosphere was nice and I believe this place would probably be ok for a dinner for 2. That would be because of the atmosphere, location and scenery but, be careful if it looks busy. They can't handle that.

1 Thank jwildman68