“"You want great Seafood? Vic's on the River!"”
Review of Vic's On the River

Vic's On the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic's On the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 870 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Drayton Street Ramp
Description: Vic's is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic's menu reflects Savannah's Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... Where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River. Enjoy live music in our lounge 7 nights a week, and Happy Hour at our Bar and on the Patio, Monday-Friday, 3:30-6pm
Toronto
“"You want great Seafood? Vic's on the River!"”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Heading out for dinner from the Mansion on Forsythe Park and asked one of the staff for a recommendation for good seafood.

That was the unequivocal response.

And she was right!

I managed to get in without a reservation since I was alone, but I'd sure suggest you get a reservation. Place was packed on a Wednesday night.

Nice wine list ... so that started the dinner off right!

Tried their Caesar salad (wedge is included with the entrée but I upgraded for a couple of $). Not bad ... certainly not the best I've had (or made) but pretty good!

Then the challenge ... what to choose for the entrée. Too many terrific choices!

In the end I took the server's recommendation for a nut-crusted fish dish. Very good. Huge portions. A bit too huge for me, actually, but I long ago abandoned the notion that you have to clear your plate!

Glass of red for dessert ...

So good I went back for lunch two days later. They have a fabulous lunch menu, but Savannah was running a Restaurant Week which featured a 2 course lunch for $10.

$10.

For two courses.

I enjoyed a wonderful chilled cucumber soup, followed by shrimp/lobster crepes with asparagus for the veggie.

WOW!

I'm sure the regular selections on the menu would also have been WOW! but this special feature was definitely WOW!

Maybe they'll add these to their menu. (That's my recommendation!)

Service was friendly and very attentive without being 'pushy'.

So, if you want great seafood (they also have other options, of course), it's Vic's on the River!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TO_Trips

Atlanta, Georgia
“great view with amazing biscuits”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We ate there twice in a week for lunch! The biscuits are amazing with the honey butter and it is worth waiting for a table by the window. The manager was super nice!

• Visited August 2013
boca raton
“Second time as good as the first”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stopped in for dinner while staying overnight in Savannah on our way up North. We had been here before and enjoyed the food and atmosphere very much.
Sat at the bar overlooking the river. Greeted warmly by the Bartender, a charming young lady whose name I regretfully do not remember (identified on the receipt as 392 Night Bar).
We had the Fried Green Tomato appetizer and Onion soup - both very good. My wife had the meatloaf (same as last visit because she enjoyed it so much) and I had Fried Shrimp (near the coast in Georgia- why not?) Last time I had the special Pork Chop and it too was most enjoyable.
Both were great, served hot, prepared perfectly and very large portions.
We have been to Savannah a number of times, know there are other great restaurants in the city but will always look to have at least one meal at Vic's whenever we are there.

• Visited July 2013
Ontario, Canada
“It was OK”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Food and service was fine so no serious complaints, but for the price there are better places to eat along the river in Savannah. Shrimp and grits here was my least favorite of the several I tried while in town.

Visited July 2013
Katy, Texas
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stopped in for Monday night dinner on a whim. We were not disappointed. We had a nice river view and a spectacular lightning show for dinner. Just be warned: the view is decent from a couple of tables, but this is not a "Chart House" type venue with expansive views. Started with fried green tomatoes and the crab cake. The FGT were great, as many have shared here. But the crabcake was phenomenal! I highly recommend it as it was just enough dough to hold it together. We had the wedge salads and then split the pecan crusted flounder. I'm glad we split it because it was huge. Still could not finish it all. The wine was great and the server (wish I could remember her name) was excellent. Tab was $95 plus tip for the two of us.

• Visited July 2013