“The Jumbo Scallops are phenominal”
Review of Vic's On the River

Vic's On the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic's On the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 901 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Drayton Street Ramp
Description: Vic's is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic's menu reflects Savannah's Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... Where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River. Enjoy live music in our lounge 7 nights a week, and Happy Hour at our Bar and on the Patio, Monday-Friday, 3:30-6pm
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just delicious. Shrimp & grits have a BBQ flavor which I didn't expect and since I'm not a BBQ fan, I was disappointed but I heard others say they LOVED it. Overall, the meal was wonderful. Excellent service. Beautiful view of the river. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Glasserinfo
Write a ReviewReviews (4,372)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We hadn't expected to find an elegant restaurant setting at the top of the elevator, but we did! Situated on the fourth floor of a very old brick building is a well maintained restaurant that boasts beauty, service and fine dining- at surprisingly low prices! The view cannot be beaten with small patios (for spectating only) looking down over River Street and across the Savannah River.
The service is spectacular with nicely groomed waiters/waitresses dressed all in black; our waiter was the pasrty chef who made the Tabasco syrup on our appetizer Crawfish Beignets! Which were delicious I might add.
The fish tacos had a wealth of flavors bursting from mandarin, fried fish, and a plethora of other mix ins, delicious. The shrimp and grits were good, but not my style or flavor. The children's cheeseburger was enormous and the fries rivaled McDonald's, but not as salty or greasy.
All in all, the ambiance was elegant, food unique and delicious and the service impeccable. We shall return!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Really terrific lunch at Vic's on the River. From a couple of locals, we were told that they do lunch better than dinner, so that's what we tried. Service was friendly, but not top notch. Food was very good to excellent. The tacos were pretty awesome!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We arrived in Savannah and our concierge at the hotel suggested Vic’s and made reservations for us soon after our arrival. I only wish I had known about this restaurant earlier so I could have requested a window seat facing the water. As it was, we were lucky to have even gotten reservation at all since they were just so busy. The restaurant is located in a building built in the 1850’s and later used by Union soldiers to map Sherman’s march to the sea. Aside from the history, the restaurant is very simple, but elegant. I started out with their award winning crawfish beignets with tabasco syrup ($9) which were divine. My husband started with the Fried Chicken Livers which he thoroughly enjoyed. We each had a cocktail; the restaurant offers quite a few martinis that they have created, so I couldn’t resist the pineapple martini --- yum. For the entrée, I chose the Pecan Encrusted Local Flounder flash fried with citrus honey butter and house made Andouille sausage-potato hash ($25). I was shocked at the size of the fish that came to the table on my plate --- it was the size of the plate! It looked like the whole fish minus the head. The fish was perfectly cooked, moist and the coating was fantastic; it was a wonderful choice for dinner. My husband chose The Mixed Seafood Grill which comes with asparagus and fingerling potatoes. However, he swapped the potatoes out for the same hash that came on my plate. His plate came with a generous piece of salmon, shrimp and absolutely huge scallops. He enjoyed every bite and then I convinced him to share some of my massive flounder….There was no way we could each fit dessert after our meals to we opted to share one. We chose the Praline cheesecake which was a perfect finish to a perfect meal. The service was attentive and friendly. If you are staying in Savannah for a few days, I would suggest you make Vic’s one of your dinner choices.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I admit there were 2 reasons for going for dinner here; good reviews and a really good price on what should be a great bottle of wine. The wine turned out to be a disappointment but I don't think that was the total reason for our negative view of Vic's. There was a large party in the main room and we were lucky enough to be around the corner almost as far away from them as one could be - I feel sorry for anyone that had to be in proximity to them as we were both amazed at how loud it was.I had the oysters Rockefeller and they were quite good but things went downhill from there. My wife had a truly mediocre pasta dish for her main course - we've made far better ourselves without knocking ourselves out. I had a rib eye that was cut in a strange fashion that had half of the steak medium and a quarter rare and a quarter medium rare as I had asked. The asparagus on the plate was done nicely but ordered a side of Parmesan risotto that was under-cooked and lacked flavor. Not a place we'd go back to or recommend.

3  Thank Jim W