“Awesome meal and service”
Review of Vic's On the River

Vic's On the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic's On the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 869 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Drayton Street Ramp
Description: Vic's is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic's menu reflects Savannah's Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... Where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River. Enjoy live music in our lounge 7 nights a week, and Happy Hour at our Bar and on the Patio, Monday-Friday, 3:30-6pm
Reevesville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome meal and service”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I highly recommend Vic's on the River. The food was exceptional as was the service. We tried the crab cake, crawfish and oyster rockefeller as appetizers We had the mixed seafood grill and ribeye as main course. Everything on the plate was delicious. No room to try dessert. The restaurant has a beautiful view of the river. You won't be disappointed!

Savannah, Georgia
“Superb”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This visit was not the first and they continue to excel. It was a good thing we were not in a hurry and a bad thing it was Sunday. Service was slow which was bad, but when available was well done. The menu is extensive, which was good since they were out of lamb shank and flounder. (The waiter said never come on Sunday - so I repeat his sentence).

Drinks are very well sized, unusually so.

Our table loved the fried green tomatoes, onion soup, scallops, fried oysters, and the shrimp and grits. All of which arrived much too slowly, but were delicious.

Seek the back room, close to the right most window so you can go out on the balcony when the large container ships enter or exit the upstream port. And don't go on Sunday. Just go!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“A.MAZ.ING!!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

All I can say is Wow! This was one of the best meals my husband and I have eaten, and we eat out a LOT.
Our server was Matt, and he was terrific. Unobtrusive, but attentive, and a great salesperson!
The atmosphere is great, and if you can get a table on the river side, your views would be out of this world.
We shared the crab cake appetizer, which was fantastic. My husband had the seafood mix for his entree, and I had the surf and turf special. Both were terrific, cooked to the right temperature, great portion sizes, and well-seasoned. The sides with both our entrees were even incredible! For dessert, we shared chocolate cake and strawberry shortcake. Both were spectacular.
We will definitely return on our next visit, and will tell all our friends to make Vic's a must on their Savannah dining lists.

Palos Verdes Estates, California
“Didn't know where to go in Savannah”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Read the menu while walking the tourist trap walkway. But it sounded good. We decided to dine there and the food, ambience, and service were all great. Loved that the table next to ours had a very elderly gentleman with his wife and daughter and granddaughter. All dressed to the nines. It warmed my heart. I would eat here again in a heart beat. Special place.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank cliffview12
westford
“Rosemary barbeque sauce..hmmmm!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful meal last week at Vic's. We wanted one special meal while in Savannah and I always use Trip Advisor to find just the right place (I don't work for TA). We had a perfect table right in the window. Our waiter, Lucien was fantastic. It was my third shrimp and grits in our 3 days in Savannah and by far the best. I am going to figure out how to make that rosemary barbeque sauce that went over the grits and shrimp. Why don't we have grits up north, I love them, Anyhow, the meal was wonderful, Great bottle of wine. Coffee. We didn't have desert, but this restaurant lived up to our expectations and we left contented with smiles on our faces.